Bass and sound of soundbar 500 not clear and loud

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Bass and sound of soundbar 500 not clear and loud

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you could help me out.
For a few years now, I have been using my BOSE companion 50 Speaker connected to my TV and recently decided to upgrade and go up a level and purchased the new soundbar 500 with the bass module 500.
After having everything setup through the new BOSE music app and configured via ADAPTIQ.
I am unable to get enough BASS when I compare it with the old companion 50 speakers.
For some reason, i feel the old companion speakers were loud with better bass than the new one.
Can you help me out, if I am missing something or have it wrongly configured as I am sure when I tested it out before buying, the 500 had a much better bass and feel.

Thanks,

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Bass and sound of soundbar 500 not clear and loud

Hi raghu001,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

If you look at the LED on the back of the Bass Module 500, is anything lit up?  Is it blinking or solid?

Have you attempted to change the bass level?  Does this help at all?

Let us know so we can get this working for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community

Quiet Contributor

Hi Brandon,
The led on the bass module is lit up and green.
Yes, I tried changing the bass level to 100. But it’s still the same
Quiet Contributor

Hi Brandon
Yes the led is lit up and green and I have changed the bass volume to 100. But it doesn’t make a difference

Thanks for letting me know raghu001.

Can you next try a full factory reset on the system?  Instructions are located HERE.

Once that is done, set the system up and connect the bass module but make sure you skip AdaptiQ.  Does the bass sound better or louder?

Best,

Brandon

ybo
Vocal Volunteer

@raghu001mentioned a green LED:

»The led on the bass module is lit up and green.«

LIGHT ACTIVITYSYSTEM STATE
Solid whiteConnected to the soundbar
Blinking whiteDownloading a software update
Solid amber (dim)Disconnected from the soundbar
Blinking amberReady to connect to the soundbar
OffPower-saving mode
Blinking redError - contact Bose customer service
Manual * Bass Module 500 * Page 22

Are there different Bass Module 500 out there? Missing »green«. We also have the SB500 and the BM500 and it sounds quite perfect.

ybo

Quiet Contributor

@ybo sorry for the confusion... it’s solid white when switched on and connected...
another thing I notice with the setup was - the output from my Sony tv is much lower when compared to when I play songs using Bluetooth... do anyone know why ?

Hi raghu001,

Thanks for the reply.

Did you get a chance to try the factory reset in my previous post?  Did it help at all?

Best,

Brandon

Quiet Contributor

Hi Brandon,

I tried factory reset and it imporved a bit and was better comparing it to when it came out of the box.

I tried setting up AdaptIQ and it got better.

One thing I noticed was that, the sound and Bass are better when I play music via bluetooth.

But there's atleast a 20% low output when its connected to my SONY BRAVIA tv via the HDMI cable.

Is that something common?

Hi again,

I don't believe this is a common issue, however it is something that I've seen before from different TVs and output devices (most often cable boxes).

What sources are you playing from your TV?  What do you have plugged into your television besides the Bose system?  Are there any levels in the TV settings for audio output that can be changed?

Best,

Brandon