Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Bass module 700 issues(?)

Hello, I just bought Bass Module 700 and I’m not sure if I’m stupid or what but I think there are issues here, feel free to confirm it.

I only can connect the subwoofer to the soundbar 700 by aux cable because I bought it in Japan and as far as I know wired connection supposed to be stable and safe.

my issues and concerns are,

1. I don’t feel the rumbling and powerful bass just like what I heard at the Bose showroom. I have checked the placement (even measured it), make sure everything plugged properly, changing different power outlets and also done the Adaptiq calibration, but same result.

2. Does bass module 700 has a firmware update too? Or there’s none and never will need any firmware updates? Because I can’t found the device when I want to add the product to my bose music account, hence I can’t receive any updates if there’s any.

Is there anyway to manually update the Bass module 700?

3. Tried adjusting the subwoofer level to +50 and +100, it does different but not enough to rumble the wall, floors or windows around it.

4. No chest thumping. I understand that subwoofer job is to play the lower frequencies but is that normal to not having that thumping sound on certain frequencies?

I have tried playing music, movies from tv and also play music using the music mode from Amazon HD and Spotify.

All same results.

I even factory reset the soundbar 700 just to make sure all clean and fresh setup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Re: Bass module 700 issues(?)

Author Accepted Answer selected by vineryap

Problem Solved.

Factory reset the soundbar once again and connect the bass module right away, and did the Adaptiq calibration.

I noticed that there is a big difference of sound quality depending on the input source, so far I found that airplay 2 output very nice sound quality and the subwoofer is also sounding better from it.

Anyway, I hope Bose can resolve the Bass Module 700 wireless connectivity with the regulation in Japan so I can move it more freely without buying a longer cable.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

There is nothing to update, it's just a speaker.  How much bass you hear depends on what you are watching or playing.  Put in an action movie from DVD or Netflix.  Did you try wireless?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

@Xyz987 Tried that, same result

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by vineryap

Problem Solved.

Factory reset the soundbar once again and connect the bass module right away, and did the Adaptiq calibration.

I noticed that there is a big difference of sound quality depending on the input source, so far I found that airplay 2 output very nice sound quality and the subwoofer is also sounding better from it.

Anyway, I hope Bose can resolve the Bass Module 700 wireless connectivity with the regulation in Japan so I can move it more freely without buying a longer cable.

View solution in original post