Highlighted
Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Battery Life

Hi,

I bought a "Portable Home Speaker" a month back..  I feel like the battery is not withstanding as mentioned on your manual/ ad.    I fully charged the device (100%) and completely power off ( long press on stand by more than 2 min as you instructed on your manual).   I powered on the speaker after a day or two then the announcement about the battery was 96%.   

Also I do fee while playing music the battery drains off quickly but I don't know how to test this.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Battery Life

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for taking the time to post - I apologize for the trouble you're having with your Portable Home Speaker.

The best way to test your speaker battery and to be sure there are no underlying issues is to use the speaker and to test again the recommend streaming time.

The specification states that 12 hours of active use and 24 hours in standby mode. You could time how long you play music from the speaker for against this, then let us know the results so we can advise you on what to do next.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Hi Sam, 

When it is on active play @ volume of 50%, the battery last for 10 hours .

Highlighted

Hey Suresh Kumar, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. Sorry to hear that your speaker's battery isn't as expected! 

Before we suggest looking into what service options are available to you, let's try and ensure that the speaker is running the latest software version. To do this simply ensure that the speaker is on and connected to the Internet, press and hold the Bluetooth and Volume Down buttons for ten seconds until the light ring is filled with white light.

We should also try and reset the speaker by pressing and holding the Play/Pause button for ten seconds. The light ring will display pulsing white light on top and bottom as the speaker reboots and connects to a Wi-Fi network. 

Please do update us on the result of these steps. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Victor

Further to reply on my query1: if it the case my device should wake up when i command with the voice but not happening . I need to long press on power button to wake it up.