DanielNG
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

Best connecting option for Soundbar700 with 2X two Bass Module 700

Hi,

I had my Soundbar 700 with Bass setup for 2 years and it has popping issue with 2x Bass Modules all the time. I have try to set router freq but no luck.

I am wondering if I can connect the Bass Modules using cable from the soundbar and what is the best solution.

Option 1: Using 3.5mm splitter to connect both Bass.

Option 2: Connect 1 Bass with cable and the other with wireless.

Option 3: Any suggestion?

Thanks

Daniel

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Best connecting option for Soundbar700 with 2X two Bass Module 700

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

When using 2 bass modules with your soundbar, you do need to have both bass modules connected wirelessly. It's not possible to have one connected with a wire and the other with a cable. You may be able to use a 3.5mm splitter to connect both wirelessly, but I would not be able to guarantee how well this would work as the system is not designed to work with a splitter.

If both your bass modules are popping, then looking at the router frequency is a great place to start as the popping is most likely being caused by wireless interference. Do you have your router next to or between the soundbar and bass modules? If so, it would be worth moving the router if possible so it is at least 1/2 meters away from the soundbar and bass modules, and not between them. 

With wireless interference, it's also not always the router that causes it, interference can potentially come from any wireless devices near the soundbar and bass modules. Try disconnecting the power cord from any nearby electronics (i.e. wireless printer, router, cordless phone, etc.). If the issue is resolved, try connecting the device or your soundbar to a different power circuit or farther away.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DanielNG
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

Hi,

I have the router at least 2-3 meters from the soundbar and bass and there is no wireless devices around the bass.

The 2 bass are Bass Module 700 and Bass acoustimass 300. Would it be an issue?

Would it be the weak signal between soundbar and bass?

Thanks!

Jeff_G

Hi DanielNG, 

Even at that distance there's the possibility of interference from the router. Try changing WiFi channels to see if the popping subsides. 

BM700 and Acoustimass 300 are the same model, so there will not be issues using the two products together.

I hope this helps! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!