Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

Big delay between video and audio on playstation4

Hello everyone. I already have soundbar 700 that i connected to my playstation4. Recently i bought Bose portable home speaker, that i want to use time to time together with soundbar. The problem is that when I'm grouping them in Bose application and setting audio to sync on group(in the Bose app as well). Delay between audio and video could be up to 3 seconds, which is super noticeable and doesn't allow me to watch movies using group at all. 

Is there is any way to solve this problem? 

My setup: soundbar700, portable home speaker, ps4 pro and 32" LG tv.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Big delay between video and audio on playstation4

Hi dobrunya,

Welcome to the community, sorry to hear that you are experiencing an audio to video delay whilst grouping your Soundbar 700 and Portable Home Speaker.

What you are experiencing is normal. When just playing audio with no video referenced, there will be no delay, however once you add video to the set up this does not take into account the processing between the products which allows them to group together. 

If you have any further questions, let us know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

Yes, i agree that delay is making sense, but there two things:

• Delay is extremely big. We talking about few settings, not ms. How come that i can play games, with people from another country with delay in ms, and audio sync in one network is taking seconds?
  • Is there is a way to make it work and delay video on PS4?  May be there is some guidelines? I basically can't use them together because of such a big delay
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

Any thoughts?