Prithviraj
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Bluetooth Connectivity issue with newly purchased Bose Smart Home Speaker 500

I just bought the Bose Home Speaker 500.But I am already having issues with the bluetooth connectivity. While playing from my OnePlus 6T device it some time stops then again speeds up. Streaming music is such a pain through bluetooth.I don't know if its is a firmware issue or something else but it is frustrating that you trust a brand and buy a device and the basic functionality does not work properly. Disappointing really if this is how it will behave everytime I connect via bluetooth. #Note I have already updated the firmware during set up

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Bluetooth Connectivity issue with newly purchased Bose Smart Home Speaker 500

Hey Prithviraj, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to read that you have encountered some Bluetooth issues with your speaker, I would love to assist you with this. 

Let's start by performing a standard reset on the speaker by turning off your product and disconnect the power cord for 30 seconds. We also want to test connecting the speaker to another device to ensure that the issue isn't with the OnePlus, as well as testing a different streaming source. 

Can you please also ensure that you are within the Bluetooth range of the speaker, you will be able to connect to the speaker within 33' (10 m).

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. If any other users have had and resolved a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Prithviraj
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Re: Bluetooth Connectivity issue with newly purchased Bose Smart Home Speaker 500

I tried that but it did not offer much difference. I tried with a samsung galaxy s10 as well its the same. But now it is slighly better than what it was previous day. Also I am unable to play amazon music via alexa,spotify even though all my accounts are synced. I tried the alexa app as well but it fails miserably. So now I can't play via wifi due to unknown reason and even the bluetooth connectivity shows issues. What's the use of a smart device if it doesn't play. Neither the smart features works for playing music nor the Bluetooth works flawlessly. 

Highlighted

Hi Prithviraj, 

Thank you for your post!

Firstly,  I would recommend making sure that you clear the Bluetooth pairing list on the speaker and the source device. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with this! 

In regards to your Amazon Music, have you successfully set up Alexa in the Bose Music application?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Prithviraj
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Thanks.The bluetooth is working for now. Regarding the alexa set up, yes, I have successfully set up alexa.Everything works except playing music via amazon music or any streaming service. Whenever I try to play to my HS500.It shows failure message. Spotify keeps showing connecting. Alexa app shows the connected device but nothing plays.Mind you am from India.So don't know like if  bose app has any problem with the region.

Highlighted

Hi Prithviraj, 

Thank you for coming back to me! 

I'm so glad to hear that your Bluetooth issues seem to be resolved. Keep an eye on this and if it returns please reach out again! 

From what you have described it sounds as if you need to enable the skill in Alexa. If you go to the Alexa app and search 'Bose Not for SoundTouch' you will need to make sure this skill is enabled. 

I have doublechecked for you and Amazon Music via our application is available in India.

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Highlighted
Prithviraj
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

I have the skill enabled.Alexa seems to connect, but when I play any song nothing plays on the speaker. Also alexa on the HS500 works fine for everything except playing music from amazon music. I never had any issue with any of my smart speaker. This is first for me as well.

Highlighted

Hi Prithviraj,

Thank you for the clarification.

So, you're able to play music to your speaker through the Bose Music app, but not when commanding with Alexa?

Have you tried removing Alexa from the speaker in the Bose Music app and then re-connect your account? That may refresh the connection. Steps on how to do that:

1) Open Bose Music app > Go to My Bose screen

2) Select Home Speaker 500 > Tap on image in bottom right > Select settings

3) Select Voice Assistant > Alexa > Remove account

Let me know if that improves anything!

Warm regards,

Sam F

Highlighted
Prithviraj
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Hi!

I can't play anything via bose music app.Amazon music tab shows "currently unavailable",neither the spotify works in the app..However I could get alexa play music from saavn from the HS500 after adding the saavn skill. Alexa in the device can't play music from Amazon music.  In short Alexa can only play music from saavn and air play but not from Amazon music.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi @Prithviraj,

Thank you for the update. 

From what you've explained, it seems that your Home Speaker 500 may not be showing as available as it's not currently connected to WiFi. Therefore, that will be something I'd recommend to do, so we're able to play music through the Bose Music app.

You've likely been through this before, but to get the system into setup mode, follow the steps here.

Once the speaker has re-connected back to the app and you're able to play Amazon Music in the app (without Alexa), it would then be a good idea to test Alexa commands to play music.

Give that a try and update me on the situation.

Warm regards,

Sam F