Highlighted
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Bluetooth connection to turntable failure.

Hi 

I am experiencing a problem to connect my Bose 700 Soundbar with Bose 700 Bass Module to my JAM Spun Out Bluetooth HX-TT400 turntable.

Bose Firmware: 7.0.10-7792+a61bae4

Seems to be a problem with Bose products. When will this be resolved?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

Re: Bluetooth connection to turntable failure.

Same issue with an identical turntable and Soundbar 500. Turntable connects to any other Bluetooth speaker without issue. 

Hoping it can be corrected soon. 

Highlighted

Hi there, 

Thank you both for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with connecting your turntable to our Soundbar 700.

Is there a specific place in the set up where it fails?

I would recommend making sure your firmware is up to date. You can do this by following the instructions HERE. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Hi Jessie_O

I am unable to access the http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html platform. The page returns with a message "ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE".

I have also tried several times to search for the turntable via the Bose App without any success.

Regards

Sorry to hear that you weren't able to update the Soundbar @dvz

Can you please confirm that the Soundbar is connected to the PC when you visited the http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html web page? 

You won't be able to find the turntable in the Bose Music app as this isn't something that is compatible with our application. 

Where on the app were you searching for the turntable? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this, and would highly encourage the community to get involved with this thread if they can assist further. 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Dear Hector_B

The soundbar is connected to the computer when attempting to access the web page (via Chrome as well as windows 10 internet browser) http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html. I have also tried accessing the page (Chrome) from another laptop having the soundbar connected and also not connected.

When attempting the connection I select the Bluetooth section at the top of the Bose Music App and the soundbar would then go into Bluetooth mode. No device is picked up excluding the devices in close range i.e. my cellphone, tablet etc. excluding the turntable.

I have also switched the bluetooth on via the remote and select the Bluetooth on the turntable but the soundbar is unable to pick-up the Bluetooth signal of the turntable.

Regards

Highlighted

Thanks for updating me on this @dvz

Updating the Soundbar will not resolve this issue for you due to the compatibility of the products. 

Usually, to connect a system to the Soundbar you will need to select it from the Bluetooth settings on the device, rather than pressing a Bluetooth button to hope the systems find each other. 

This is possible with our other systems like a Lifestyle 650 that feature a setup menu, but this isn't something supported on the Soundbar 700.

If any other community members have successfully connected the two, please do let us know.