Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2019

Bluetooth headphones

My bluetooth headphones are not pairing with my new SoundTouch IV. Devices pair fine, but not headphones. Can you help?   Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bluetooth headphones

Author Accepted Answer selected by Cypressi

Hello Cypressi, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

To make a Bluetooth connection, you need a receiver and a transmitter. The Wave SoundTouch Music System IV and your Bluetooth Headphones are both receivers. Devices such as phones are transmitters and this is why you cannot connect the Headphones with the SoundTouch IV via Bluetooth. However, if you have headphones that also have an interconnect cable, then you can connect them via the headphone port on the Wave SoundTouch System. 

I hope this clears things up for you. 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Cypressi

Hello Cypressi, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

To make a Bluetooth connection, you need a receiver and a transmitter. The Wave SoundTouch Music System IV and your Bluetooth Headphones are both receivers. Devices such as phones are transmitters and this is why you cannot connect the Headphones with the SoundTouch IV via Bluetooth. However, if you have headphones that also have an interconnect cable, then you can connect them via the headphone port on the Wave SoundTouch System. 

I hope this clears things up for you. 

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2019

Hi...I am struggling with this. If O wanted to connect my headphonesctobthe system by cable I wouldn't have spent hundreds of pounds on wireless headphone. Am I right that I need to buy a transmitter for the wave system for it to play on my Bose wireless headphones? If do which transmitter? Cheers
Highlighted

Hi Bobcat2007,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

In regards to your query, you are correct. To listen to your Wave system you will need to connect either via a cable or purchase a Transmitter. Though we cannot recommend a specific brand or transmitter, I have included a LINK HERE to an Amazon search to give you a better understanding of the type of transmitter you need. You will need a 3.5mm Bluetooth transmitter to plug into the headphone jack.

I hope this helps. If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to us again. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O