Jess97
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Bose 300 Home speaker does not reset

I have Bose 300 Home speaker and have tried to re-set the speaker and its is failing to reset. It is still flashing a white light and will not re-set when I try holding down the volume down and aux. I have also tried holding down volume down and 1 this is still not working.

Please can you urgently help me fix this. 

13 REPLIES 13
Danielle79
Participant
Registered since

May 23, 2020

Re: Bose 300 Home speaker does not reset

This is exactly what's happening to mine too ! Started flashing white yesterday, so left it for a while as thought it was doing an update, but then turned it off after an hour or so, turned it back on this morning and have been looking at how to fix it ever since ! 

Would be great to have some advice on this .

Tegan_M

Hello, 

We're sorry that you're having a negative experience with your Home Speaker 300. 

What happens if you remove the speaker from power for 1 minute, then re attach to your outlet? Do you continue to have this white flashing LED?

Do let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
BARGA
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2020

I am having the same problem right out of the box.  Unplugging for 1 minute does not help.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hey BARGA,

I'm sorry to hear you are having a problem with your new speaker!

With the flashing white light you are seeing, which of THESE patterns is closest to what your speaker is showing you? Knowing what the lightbar is trying to tell you will be really helpful!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Stars
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

I am having the same problem, please help!

Ju77
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

I'm having the same issue, it was playing one day and started flashing the next. The reset doesn't work at all. From the list of lights you showed, mine is 8th from the bottom.

Please Help

Tegan_M

Very sorry to hear that this persists. 

Let's get your speakers into recovery mode, this is beneficial after a failed update. Instruction on how to do this can be found here.

Do let us know how you get on and if this shows any improvements. 😊

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Ju77
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2020

I went into setup mode, the light flashed green and the light white started moving from left to right again. It never went in the opposite direction no matter how many times I reset it. I went into my router and it's still connected. The light didn't turn red either. Can you figure out what I need to do next?

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Ju77,

Thanks for the update! If it is still not completing the update after doing this, what I would recommend doing next is attempting to manually update the speaker. You can use either the USB cable or Direct IP methods found at this link to do the update. I tend to find the USB cable to be the easier and more effective of the two methods so I'd start with that one.

As your speaker is trying to install an update rather than download the update file, manually starting the update may not be possible, so if you are unable to manually update the speaker, please reach out to your local support team as they will be able to help you resolve this. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!