Bose 500 Alexia Help

Audible Advocate

Bose 500 Alexia Help

When I ask Alexia on the 500 for my NEWS FLASH she says “your news flash is not available now”.  Worked fine for a few weeks and still works fine when I ask the Alexia in another room.  

Disabling and enabling the skill on Alexia doesn’t help.   Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bose 500 Alexia Help

Hi there Richolofson, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you've had and would be happy to help.

My suggestion here would be to remove Alexa from the Bose Music app, and sign back into this account. 

This can be done by opening the Bose Music App, selecting your product, and navigating to the settings.

Once there, Please select "Voice Assistant", then  "Alexa" and remove this.

Once removed, please add this back on, and test this again.

Please get back to me to let me know how this goes!

Liam W - Community Support

Audible Advocate

I removed and added but the only change is now Alexia on the 500 responds with “here’s your news”, but no news follows.  Before removing and adding the response was “news was unavailable right now.”   ECHO still gives us newsflash briefings just fine.  

Audible Advocate

Still don’t work but Alexia works fine.  

Highlighted

Hello @Suetape,

Thank you for your patience regarding this. 

As the troubleshooting has not been successful here, I have passed this information onto our development team for you, and will be monitoring this for an update to come.

I apologise that I cannot be of further assistance at this time, but please do let me know if you have any questions at all.

Liam W

Audible Advocate

I appreciate your attempt and will update this thread if there are any changes.  

Audible Advocate

After making dozens of attempts to correct this I finally just gave up; however, each  morning I still would ask Alexia “What’s my news flash briefing”. Then after almost two weeks Alexia gave me the news over my Bose 500.  It’s a miracle!