A Noyed
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2021

Bose 500 Product Activation Failed

Dear Bose help centre,

I purchased a Bose Home speaker 500 1 month ago in December 2020 from John Lewis Stores UK. The initial set up was all fine with the speaker working via the app.

Within 2 weeks I was unable to connect to the speaker via the app and now one month on I remain unable to connect to the speaker via the app, in its current form the speaker is nothing more than a unusable box.

I am based in the UK and have read posts on the Bose help page, following the comments from Bose I have reloaded the app, reset the speaker and rebooted my router, all of this has been done numerous times. Despite these actions being taken nothing makes any difference, every time during setup the speaker connects to the WiFi but following this the ‘Product Activation Failed’ message comes up.

I can see I am not the only person to have incurred this issue and while I know it will be a robot replying I would very much appreciate some human interaction to establish a resolution.

I have now spent many hours wasting my time, unfortunately I feel that this Bose product is a complete waste of money. I qualify this statement by the fact that I have purchased a brand new product and it simply does not work and function as it was sold to me, and how Bose market the product.

If you cannot resolve the issue I will be returning the product to John Lewis as unusable.

I look forward to hearing from you

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Re: Bose 500 Product Activation Failed

Hello A Noyed, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I am truly sorry that you have been unable to program your Home Speaker 500. I would love to try and help you to get this sorted. The troubleshooting you have tried so far is great. There are, however, some additional steps we can try as listed below. 

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Frenn
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2021

I can't seem to activate my speaker, since I changed router over to EE from BT.  My phone can find the 500 speaker, so can the Bose app, then it asks for activation with fails, why is this. There seems to be no solutions to this, as you are just sent back to the beginning of set-up.

The problem is not with Wi Fi or Broadband setup ....... Which up explain ??????

when you do a factory reset the App, still sees speaker as family room, so how is that a factory reset. Surely it would have no name.

Thats where the problem is..............

There is ............NO REAL FACTORY RESET .................

a photograph of problem, so you understand better ......

IMG_2337.png

Jessie_O

Hey Frenn, 

Thank you for your post and welcome!

Can you tell me if you have the speaker connected to a public network? 

Have you tried retrying the activation? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!