Highlighted
Horace
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Bose 500 Soundbar

Very disappointed with my new Bose 500 Soundbar. Firstly it doesn’t seem clear to see if the Soundbar is on or off - a light does flash in but nothing to show later if it is on or not. When I make Bluetooth connection to my Samsung tv I get lip sync delay, I’ve tried the audio delay but this doesn’t change the delay. And overall I don’t think the sound is that great with the tv or through my iPhone. I read a lot of reviews before making a purchase so very disappointed with the product. Anyone else had similar problems?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose 500 Soundbar

Author Accepted Answer selected by Horace

Hello Horace,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm truly sorry to hear that the Soundbar 500 has not met your expectations. 

Is there a specific reason that you are connecting your TV to the Soundbar through Bluetooth? I would highly suggest connecting through HDMI or optical. Generally, when using Bluetooth for audio/video a delay is presented due to the processing involved. 

Regarding the poor sound quality, have you tried running the ADAPTiQ calibration technology? You can do this through the Bose Music application. This technology monitors your surrounding environment and adjusts the levels to produce the most suitable sound for each individual setup. 

Please get back to me if you have any further issues.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support 

2 REPLIES 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by Horace

Hello Horace,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm truly sorry to hear that the Soundbar 500 has not met your expectations. 

Is there a specific reason that you are connecting your TV to the Soundbar through Bluetooth? I would highly suggest connecting through HDMI or optical. Generally, when using Bluetooth for audio/video a delay is presented due to the processing involved. 

Regarding the poor sound quality, have you tried running the ADAPTiQ calibration technology? You can do this through the Bose Music application. This technology monitors your surrounding environment and adjusts the levels to produce the most suitable sound for each individual setup. 

Please get back to me if you have any further issues.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support 

Horace
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Thanks for your reply, but decided to return the product - bought JBL Soundbar instead, much happier with the sound from this product.