Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Bose 500 Speaker Problem in Displaying Artist Data from Spotify+Radio Channels Logo

Guys, I have bought the Bose 500 speaker couple of days ago and I am facing the following issue.

After some time using the speaker it stops displaying the artist information from spotify and the logo of the radio channel from tuneIN.  The only think that I can see during the error is the clock but I can hear the music.

I did a factory reset, it worked for a couples of times and then it disappeared again. If I remove the power cable it works for sometime and then the problem reappears. 

This is definitely a bug. 

Please help but do not tell me to to do a factory reset again!!

The firmware version I have is 6.0.10-8259+0e59647

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
letaage
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Re: Bose 500 Speaker Problem in Displaying Artist Data from Spotify+Radio Channels Logo

Mine does the same thing, a power cycle fixes it for a while but eventually it stops showing artwork etc just the clock.

A bit annoying to have to power cycle such an expensive piece of hardware.

Also it seems that once it stops showing artwork, not long after it starts experiencing WiFi connectivity problems and eventually  doesn't reconnect.  Power cycling again is the fastest way to fix.

I say "seems" because the artwork and WiFi issues might just be coincidental, too soon to draw firm conclusion.