Highlighted
Darkast
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Bose 500 with Alexa on Roku tv

Hello, 

i can’t get Alexa to follow my commands on my Bose 500 to tell my Roku tv what to do. I already connected with the amazon Alexa app and have the devices onl however when I ask Alexa on my Bose 500 to turn the channel on my Roku she says to check network connections on my tv. My internet is working fine. Why won’t my commands work with Alexa on the Bose 500 telling my Roku tv commands. Please help. What do I need to do to keep Alexa synced (on my Bose 500 speaker) with my Roku Tv? Please help. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose 500 with Alexa on Roku tv

Hi @Darkast,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize for the trouble you're having with Alexa controlling your Roku TV system. As you may or may not know, the Alexa channel control is only compatible with a configured cable box/satellite box within the Bose Music app. You may have some issue if you're trying to control the Roku if it is not officially recognized in the app as one of these. I'm sorry for any inconvenience because of this.

Follow the link to read more on the Bose Voice 4 Video feature.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.