Milury
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Bose 500

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name Soundbar 500

Country UK

Is the above product discontinued?  I only ask as I am getting conflicting information from the Bose chat help and call centre.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Tegan_M

Re: Bose 500

Hi Milury,

Thanks for reaching out.

The Soundbar 500 appears to have been discontinued in November 2020. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Milury
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Thanks for letting me know, sincerely appreciate it  - Bose need to update their team as there is a clear confusion.  When I call the Bose sales line, they inform me that it will be back in stock on the 11th of April. When I have used the online chat facility team (On one browser), they informed me that it has been discontinued.  On another browser, the chat facility team inform me that it will be back on the 11th of April. 

I did not want to wait until April to get disappointed but also have the fear that if I buy a different Brand or a different model now, come April it is released.  

In my final call, I did request them to ask the team to update the website accurately - mention discontinued or provide a date for the restock.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Milury 

In deference to @Tegan_M ‘s response, this is a peer to peer chat forum dealing with technical support issues. I suggest that sales inquiries should be made directly to Bose. The advice you received regard the SB 500 is not completely out of line. Especially considering you were given a date. I expect the shelves will be restocked with SB 500 speakers in April as you were advised.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.