Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobbyP
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

Bose 700 Alexa controlling Firestick

Here’s my issue.  I have had Echo products in my house for a long time.  I also have Firesticks on each TV in my home.  I use an Amazon Recast to tune to local over-the-air stations.  It works great.  
So...  TV on the wall in my living room with Firestick to watch local channels.  Echo dot on my end table in the living room. The Echo is linked to my Firestick and I use voice control to manipulate channel selection, pause live TV, rewind, etc.  it works great and I have the same setup in my bedroom.  

I purchased a Bose 700 sound-bar and it has Alexa built in.  I thought, “Cool!  I can move the living room Echo to another room and use the Alexa-enabled Bose 700 to control television”!  

I used the Alexa app on my phone to unlink the Echo and then link the Bose 700.  
It links the two.

But will do absolutely nothing for TV control.  
No channel changes.  
No pausing.

It won’t open Firestick apps.

I can’t even tell it to return to the Home Screen on the Firestick. 

Nothing.

The Echo device does everything. 

So.  I’m forced to use the Echo device and disable the Alexa voice assistant on the Bose 700.  With both in the room, it makes a person go crazy. 

It is my thought that the Bose 700, not being an Amazon device, is just simply limited.  You know?  Proprietary stuff.

Am I wrong?

Or missing something?

I would really like the functions to work.

Thank you.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose 700 Alexa controlling Firestick

Author Accepted Answer selected by BobbyP

Hi BobbyP,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

You are correct that there are some features available on 1st party Amazon Alexa devices, that are not yet available with our smart speakers. Being able to control Fire TV devices is not something that is currently supported on the Soundbar 700, so you would need to use your Echo dot for this.

I'll be sure to pass on your feedback that control over your Firestick and Amazon Recast is something you would like to see integrated into the soundbar going forward, as I am sure other users would find this feature useful as well! I can't say for certain whether it is something that would be possible to add to the soundbar, but I'll make sure the development team knows this is something you would like to see in the future!

Let me know if there are any other features you would like to see added and I'll be sure to pass them along as well!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose 700 Alexa controlling Firestick

Author Accepted Answer selected by BobbyP

Hi BobbyP,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting!

You are correct that there are some features available on 1st party Amazon Alexa devices, that are not yet available with our smart speakers. Being able to control Fire TV devices is not something that is currently supported on the Soundbar 700, so you would need to use your Echo dot for this.

I'll be sure to pass on your feedback that control over your Firestick and Amazon Recast is something you would like to see integrated into the soundbar going forward, as I am sure other users would find this feature useful as well! I can't say for certain whether it is something that would be possible to add to the soundbar, but I'll make sure the development team knows this is something you would like to see in the future!

Let me know if there are any other features you would like to see added and I'll be sure to pass them along as well!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post