Willeffects
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

Bose 700 Alexa search Netflix with FireTV issues

Hello, just purchased the 700 last night because of Alexa integration (wish I had found these forums and not listened to all the reviewers who clearly didn’t spend any time in a real setup).  

Ive got FireTV on hdmi 1 (dvi) and Bose on hdmi 2 arc on Samsung smart tv.  I’ve linked my FireTV to the Bose in Alexa.  Everything generally seems to be working through Alexa — turn off Bose, turn on Bose, and if I am playing Netflix on FireTV commands like start, stop, pause etc seem to work. BUT if I issue a search command like “find jerry Seinfeld standup on Netflix” Bose Alexa responds with finding shows but then it switches to hdmi 2 so I’m staring at the Bose download app screen on tv. 

Anyone have any ideas on what’s going on here? I tried switching the hdmi ports but that didn’t help. 

Also I see all the complaints but I’m assuming there is no separate volume control for Alexa right? It is much louder.

Thanks

Will

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose 700 Alexa search Netflix with FireTV issues

Hi Will, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you are experiencing with Alexa. I will do all I can to assist you! 

It sounds as if the soundbar is switching the source when you activate Alexa. I have marked your post as a feedback request so that the relevant team can see it and be made aware. 

In the meantime, have you tried an optical cable? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support