Bxofcpoison
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 5, 2018

Re: Bose 700 Remote - How To Keep The Backlight On Longer?

I wholeheartedly agree with you! Our household was excited about getting this new Bose product. We've been Bose customers for many years. However, it's unbelievable that something as simple as this remote control backlight issue is causing tension in our family, when we should be able to mindlessly operate this device and enjoy our media and entertainment. The little time we have together as a family to watch our favorite programming is being monopolized with operational frustration and negativity. This is the first Bose investment we have regretted. 

Bxofcpoison
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 5, 2018

Dear Tony,

Thank you for your response. I would like to respectfully point out that it has now been almost two months since the release of this product. Would you mind please checking again with the development team and providing an update to the Community regarding this backlight remote control issue? 

mechs85
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

Agree with the rest of the posts.

Need a longer light setting or at least a choice from the app

Normally you change channel, pause, then keep going. But with this remote you need to shake it to light up again
Bxofcpoison
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 5, 2018

In addition, for someone who has a disability (whether it be visual, dexterity/hand-eye-coordination), this remote makes it challening, if not impossible, to operate the product. This does not align with the Bose Guiding Principle of "Innovation and technology: that deliver demonstrable benefits to customers." Bottom Line... this just needs to get fixed, please.

Highlighted
KelseyUSM
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Same problem here. I have only had the 700 Soundbar for one day and am losing it with this remote. Even when I click a button it won’t wake up. I can’t figure out the right way to touch or shake it to get it to wake up. Seems totally random.
T22
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Totally agree. I’ve had the Soundbar for three days and the remote is driving me crazy. Please fix this!

tim

warhammer02
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Any update????? it’s ridiculous that such an expensive product doesn’t have a solution out for the remote already.
jeffgilm
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

I'm not sure Bose has the ability to fix this or even listen to our suggestions.  They can't even put out a comprehensive manual for their products.

superboom
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

The backlight turns off so soon. This is very frustruating experience even for young pepole because someone mentioned it was an issue for old people.

How long will it take to check with development team and update here. Is no reply a NO? If the problem can't be fixed will Bose send us a remote that fixes the issue.

Hello superboom,

Thanks for posting. We understand the frustration that the current backlight configuration causes. We have raised your comments and feedback to the team that needs to see them. Unfortunately, we do not have a timeline available for this particular request to share. Once we have more information, we will definitely let you know here in the Community. Until then, you know as much as we do. 

Thanks for your patience! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support