stephenaustin@rogers.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 1, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Remote - How To Keep The Backlight On Longer?

enough is enough, this is bs, bose have been saying “ our development team are working on it,” thats been a year, your team obviously don't have a **bleep**ing clue what they are doing, this is the most complained thing with this system but bose are totally ignoring the CUSTOMERS PROBLEMS, if you cant fix it with software, lose the money and issue new remotes, who the **bleep** thought that a 5 second light up remote would be a good idea? Im so [modified by moderator] of with this( especially the fact bose keep ignoring it) you say that you wanted to invent the worlds best soundbar, this is no where near that, more like a sanyo speaker and the remote is walmart, Im going to start a facebook page about this **bleep** quality speaker and the even worse remote, don't think bose will be able to sue me as Im telling the truth and have 6 pages of online complaints to prove it ( bose, i have took screen shots of every complaint about this remote) so even if you delete the thread , i still have them ,

Powersmp@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 13, 2018

Is there a reason that posts are being deleted? I came here to say that the backlight is just fine, yet my post was deleted (as well as the two posts I replied to). Why?

Highlighted
GorFex
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

Powersmp@gmail.com wrote:

Is there a reason that posts are being deleted? I came here to say that the backlight is just fine, yet my post was deleted (as well as the two posts I replied to). Why?

Just a hunch, but it could be your penchant for telling other posters to "get over yourselves."

BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

I am not defending Bose here but at worst the remote backlight issue is irritating. It is certainly not worth returning the system over. After all we all bought it for the audio performance which once you have overcome the numerous possible pitfalls when setting it up is outstanding. In any case as I have suggested before ,and I have yet to be corrected by Bose, I think the backlight problem could be inbuilt in the remote hardware and could only be solved with s new handset design.

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on this, we understand this is a frustrating situation and would like to thank you all for your patience in this matter. 

At this moment in this time, there is no update from the development team, however, we can assure you we have passed this feedback on and are chasing this up for you. 

I would like to thank you for your understanding in this matter. 

We will update this thread as soon as we know more. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

ASimpson
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 11, 2019

Couldn’t agree more. Huge oversight on the Bose product team.

They should at least provide a button to cause the backlight to go on without impacting whatever device that’s being controlled (e.g., a lights on button).
Riccardo49
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2019

This story is simply unbelievable from Bose !!! Loyal customers presenting this problem since more than one year... A premium soundbar like the 700 shall not have this devellopment error (no backlight longer). And all this without a reply like : ETA development or even that the problem will not be corrected. Period.

Due to this bad service I´m returning the 700 soundbar to Amazon. Very sorry to do that beacuse the sound is great. I will never buy Bose again.

GoaGuru
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 31, 2019

Why cant you just give us an answer? If you can't fix it just say so and most people will get over it. Stop with the BS lie that the development team is looking in to it. No one believes that!
JMRelic
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

I too find the short light lime frustrating. I also hope they fix this. I know some feel it’s worth returning the system over but I don’t, the sound is why I bought it. The sound is absolutly amazing. Sonos doesn’t even come close!

BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

I've suggested before that this maybe a hardware issue that can't be fixed. The fact that this has been the case for a year now since this product was introduced seems to confirm this howeverBose have never responded to this suggestion on here.