Highlighted
Nurse Farva
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Remote - How To Keep The Backlight On Longer?

Hi Tony,

Please do. I would appreciate this. It has been a real pain point for me. 

Highlighted
benzina
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Has Tony provided an update on this major issue? Have i missed something? 

Highlighted
suecag
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

I’m yet another person who needs the lights to stay on. Remote is impossible to use otherwise.

Highlighted
Oksleq8
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

It’s been 1 year and a half and there is still no answer from the team seriously!!!

please fix this problem it’s annoying and frustrating .

Highlighted
benzina
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Just watched a 1 hour show on TVSN (Cable Satellite tv channel, dedicated to home shopping/marketing of products), and this show was about a couple of Bose products, and these two guys talking about them. 

The second half of the show was dedicated to the Bose 700 Soundbar....i thought this will be interesting, but obviously i knew since they are promoting and selling for bose, their would be absolutely no criticism what so ever. One of guys even claims he works at bose in the development department. 

Anyway, i thought it would be funny watching him demonstrate the remote for all to see....and sure enough, there he was continually giving it a shake to wake it up, with not a mention about it.

It all looked slightly awkward from my point of view, and i sensed the trying to sweep under the carpet.....bah ha haha!!! 

Only talking of how great it is that the only buttons that light up are the ones you need for each different source etc etc.

If you can't fix this Bose, then have the balls to come out and admit it, then either produce another remote we can purchase at a discount that has a backlight which is adjustable in time length, or simply a remote control function face with functions on show with or without the backlight.  

Highlighted
Networks9
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 1, 2020

Ridiculous!  Bose’s reputation as a premier audio system supplier has gone down hill. Over year and a half to develop a fix—or send a replacement remote—to its customers is unsatisfactory!  Also, I worked with a Bose tech for about two hours on the ADAPTiQ calibration.  He promised to send me a new ADAPTiQ headset...never received it.  Very disappointed in Bose’ tech support capabilities.  Will be looking elsewhere in the future for my audio needs.  

Highlighted
Pdsingh1990
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Dear Bose, the issue of less timings for Bose Universal Back lit timings is very rightly raised by the customers on the forum. But no action has been taken as of now. Along with this the Google Home/Assistant support for the Bose Soundbar 700 has not been released yet. You are requested to please look into this matter and release updates ASAP. 

Regards

Highlighted
Caseyb
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

The original query on the topic was on the 10/5/2018 and we are now into 2020 and you have still not done anything? 

why? It’s upsetting to go from such a high that I finally saved up to buy your full Premium 700 sound bar and the full system and buying it to then finding these silly things that you won’t sort out? 

Google home and grouping - which is a pain to run it thru chrome cast 

universal remote with a 2 second light? 

what is going on?!

Highlighted
Mmw211
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

This is extremely frustrating.  I just purchased the product and keep shaking the remote to keep it lit.  When do they plan on creating a solution to the problem?

Highlighted
Kaastosti
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Never. Bose clearly doesn't even monitor their own forums, or bother to respond. It has been raised that it's probably a hardware issue that cannot be fixed otherwise. Even if that's the case, it would be decent to simply respond with that answer and apologize for the inconvenience... too much trouble I guess.

I've already given up, returned the products and keeping away from them in the future. Nice work!