Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2020

Re: Bose 700 Remote - How To Keep The Backlight On Longer?

Hello,

I have just purchased the Soundbar 700 and it’s great. But the RC... I think you know what I mean. Soooo many customers was writing to this forum about the backlight of the remote control but you are quiet. Nothing changed for 2 years. Could you make the update and fix this annoying issue, please?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 1, 2020

Just got my 700 serie last week. Its awesome, but this backlight time on the remote controller is a serious issue....

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

Bose. Are you doing anything to improve this situation? I too have just bought a 700 and the first thing I did was google how to keep the light on the remote longer as by the time you’ve seen what’s happened on the tv the light has gone out and you need to shake the remote again. Never thought Bose would do something so pointless and frustrating! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

I just purchased a system with the Soundbar Universal Remote. I agree with the others that the backlighting is a problem as it goes off in a second or two before one even has a chance to find certain buttons. Seems the human factors testing of this missed the mark as can be attested to by the numerous complaints. Bose - please come up with a means to make this very capable remote more user friendly so we can all enjoy it the way we should...a fix is warranted here...

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

A fix is never going to happen. This issue has been complained about ever since the soundbars were introduced almost 2 years ago. The problem is almost certainly a hardware issue within the remote itself that is not programmable. It has been neither denied nor confirmed by Bose who will only respond by saying that the backlight stays on for around 6 seconds.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2020

Here's what I did. 

Based on the annoyance of the backlight issue I bought a knockoff Bose Soundbar IR remote. I removed the battery from the Universal Remote and using the Bose App removed it from being paired. I tested the IR remote and it worked. I then programmed my Google remote using IR learning to control the soundbar Volume and Mute. The Universal Remote is in a drawer with the batteries removed and I am happy I can control my TV, Fiber Box and basic Soundbar functions with the Google Remote. Too bad as the Bose Universal Remote has fantastic features but a flawed backlight that is absolutely essential to its functionality...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

It seems like Bose do not care or listen to customers, kinda sucks considering you’re supposed to be buying a premium product. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

Remarkable isn’t it? Huge brand and high quality and they can’t give a flip about our questions or concerns.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

I have the exact same concern, and to be honest, it's highly disconcerting that a brand of this caliber has yet to resolve it.

So let me see if I have this straight: I buy a $1400 soundbar and sub, (and I am about to drop another $600 on the Omnijewel surround speakers, so let's call my investment $2K at this point) but the magnificent BOSE corporation can't seem to fix something as minor as the remote lighting time-out?

Hey BOSE engineers & those monitoring this page, you might want to get your stuff together; those of us that spend North of $2K on your products would like to see resolution and see specific advancement after several years of documented concerns ... or perhaps we should move over to another manufacturer of high quality sound products that listens to their customers.... 

In closing, your remote requires significant improvement, 6 seconds of back-lighting is ridiculous and the engineer that came up with it should be fired. Hopefully there will be an answer forthcoming rather than useless excuses.

Best regards, 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

Just set up my soundbar 700 yesterday, and immediately came up against the issue of the backlighting on the remote cutting out too quickly. Discouraging to see this issue has been on the table for years with no resolution.  Classic example of style over function: looks cool and doesn't work well.