KelseyUSM
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Re: Bose 700 Remote - How To Keep The Backlight On Longer?

I think that's a good solution--if they can't fix the remote with a software update, I'd be happy with a plain, old-school-style remote with regular buttons I can see and push anytime!

warhammer02
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

I appreciate the reply. Perhaps if a fix can’t be uploaded for this through firmware then physical stores could have either a device that manually updates them. The most realistic solution is to simply make remotes that have the buttons visible even without the lighting up feature. It would only be fair to give those hypothetical remotes to existing customers that bought them.
GorFex
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

In addition to the vision disability issue, the fact that we can't use two remotes is also an issue.  My wife has a physicaly disability, and we have a large living room.  For the past 25 years, we have always had two identical remotes so that it is convenient for both of us (especially given her limited mobility).

Now, we are stuck using the TV remote and a separate Logitech Harmony (which cost me over $200) just to be able to have control of everything.  We bought the Bose 700 in large part because of the universal remote.  The fact that they were being sold separately led us to logically think that we could just buy a second one and have it work.  

I am very disappointed with this prodcut. 

Powersmp@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 13, 2018

I’m a young person and I have the same problem. Double the backlight time, or make it adjustable.

Hello All,

Thank you for all of the feedback.

I can assure you that this has been passed to the development teams. 

If there is an update on this feature request, we'll be sure to let the community know. 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

p145897
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

After much frustration, I have come up with the perfect solution. I have taken a picture of my Bose Soundbar and associated accessories, put it back in its orginal box and advertised it for sale on Craigslist. Purchased a new Sonos yesterday. Backlight issue resolved!

@Joel_D wrote:

Hello All,

Thank you for all of the feedback.

I can assure you that this has been passed to the development teams. 

If there is an update on this feature request, we'll be sure to let the community know. 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

GorFex
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

@p145897 wrote:

After much frustration, I have come up with the perfect solution. I have taken a picture of my Bose Soundbar and associated accessories, put it back in its orginal box and advertised it for sale on Craigslist. Purchased a new Sonos yesterday. Backlight issue resolved!

I LOL'd at your post.

Personally, I solved the backlight issue by throwing the TWO Bose remotes I have into a drawer, and synced everything using a Logitech Harmony Elite remote.  This, combined with Alexa, and I am good to go.

Still very disappointing though!

Laiph
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2019

Guys, this is annoying. Such an expensive product with such a lousy remote. Even the remote control build quality feels bad. I have the feeling that I bought two separate products.
superboom
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

Awesome p145897, I am thinking on returning it too. Bose, do you have ears to hear? How long does your dev team need to give an ETA?? It is far cheaper to replace a remote that fixes the issue.

Hi all,

This is something that is on the dev team's radar.  If they give us an ETA we will notify the community, however we have not received any word from them.

Best,

Brandon