GoaGuru
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Remote - How To Keep The Backlight On Longer?

It's not a dealbreaker for me. I bought the system for the sound and not the remote. However, it's horrible that Bose can't tell their customers the truth if in fact it is the hardware and hence not fixable.  

benzina
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

I like what the soundbar does for my TV sound quality, but I too am very annoyed by having to shake the remote control everytime i need to see the functions.

Its clear the bose designers went way to far in creating a very minimalist aesthetic to the remote control when sitting idle, at the expense of practical everyday usability. (What were they thinking!!!)

They chose to highlight the volumn, on/off, and navigation control buttons wether they are lit up or not, but the other buttons completely disappear without the light on.

If they highlighted all the buttons just as the above mentioned, then this current problem would be a non-issue entirely, and the remote control would still look absolutely just as good aesthetically.

The way i see it, the easiest way for Bose to rectify this issue for its current 700 soundbar customers, is to produce a new cover complete with all the buttons showing up like the current volumn, on/off, and navigation controls, and sell them in there stores for a quick, cheap and easy retro fitting solution. 

There are tiny screws seen inside after the battery cover is lifted, that look like they secure the front cover on, so this solution is easy and practical, and once fitted, the problem is no more for all of us. (The backlighting can continue doing own silly fancy thing regardless, because we won't need to shake it anymore after it goes out) 

Please Bose, please do this! This solution is not technical, its just entirely practical and easy, and this solution is one we know you can definately do, and you need to do it, because this current remote control lighting situation is driving me nuts! Please do it!!!

Kogroot103
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 6, 2019

This is a deal breaker for me. I can't believe how poorly the design team has played into the needs of their users. Such a simple solution to let the user manually control the time that the controls light up.
JMRelic
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

The Bose 700 sound quality far outweighs the remote issue. I’ve owned it for a couple months now and it isn’t worth not experiencing the sound quality.

Yes it would be nice for the light to stay on 5-10 seconds longer but you’ll have to trust me on this. 

Benp
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

So far I love my 700 and the Remote is beautiful and works well but it is very painful to have to keep shaking it just looking for the right button to press. Even if I have to take to remote into a Bose store please fix this. 

Tuff
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Just an assumption...

From 100 buyers
-90 are getting upset about this problem. (Like me)
-20 of them next time buy a product from another manufacturer ( like me)
-0.2 take the trouble to register in the forum to word (like me)
It's in everyone's interest to do something about this.

Rnether
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Bought 700 series yesterday including subwoofer. Remote is a deal breaker. Returning it all Tuesday when NFM opens. Life has enough frustration without buying it. Bose has had a year to resolve. 

Kaastosti
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

How on earth did this get past quality control? No a single person in the entire process though that maybe it would be nice to make this a variable time? Was it tested by a normal person at all?

Just this issue makes an otherwise luxurious product the source of utter frustration.

Issue was reported more than 1,5 years ago and still hasn't been fixed, no solution provided. It that what we can expect from Bose support? Please confirm, so I can avoid Bose in the future.