tbcostner
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

Bose 700 SB Still working after reboot but cannot access it on app and Remote is Blinking

I have a Soundbar 700 that was connected, but I had to reboot because of an internet issue. So I deleted the Soundbar 700 off my Bose Music App and now can’t get it to even recognize the device even though it’s still working. Remote is just blinking the 6 top icons so it’s no use. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 SB Still working after reboot but cannot access it on app and Remote is Blinking

Hi @tbcostner

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize for the trouble you're encountering hooking up your Soundbar 700 to the Bose Music app - I'd love to assist.

To start, we'll focus on pairing your remote control back to the soundbar, so we can then progress with connecting the soundbar to the app. To go about this, try the following steps to pair your remote:

1. Unplug your router to disconnect the soundbar from the Interne
  2. On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume down and Left navigation buttons for five seconds to clear pairing memory of the remote. The Power, Source Power and TV Input icons at the top of the remote will blink three times
  3. On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds. The light bar will glow continuously while the button is being pressed
    When the soundbar is disconnected from the Internet, the Action button will not attempt to access a voice assistant
  4. On the remote control, press the Center navigation button once. Within a few seconds, the six source icons on the remote will blink three times to indicate it has paired with the soundbar
  5. Plug in your router. It may take a couple of minutes for the router to restart and reconnect all devices to the Internet

Try those steps and let me know if the remote pairs to the soundbar - you should no longer see six flashing buttons at the top of your remote. 

Afterwards, you may want to put the system back into setup mode to reconnect to the app, by pressing the TV Icon and Skip Back buttons (You'll see a solid amber light on the front of the soundbar as confirmation).

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.