Bsmith12
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2020

Bose 700 Soundbar - Google Assistant not responding

I am having an issue with Google Assistant responding when I don't use my Soundbar 700 for several hours.  For example, first thing in the morning I try to access Google by saying "Hey Google" and I get no response.  The indicator light on the soundbar doesn't flash either.   I then press the power button on the remote or on top of the soundbar and I still can't get Google Assistant to respond and there is no indicator light.  The only way I can resolve the issue is to unplug/plug the power cable - then Google Assistant will work fine until the following morning when I will have the same issue.   I have tried removing my Google Account and set it up again but that doesn't help.  I only had the speaker for about a week and I really don't want to unplug/plug the speaker every morning.   

Is this a common issue? Any suggestions? 

Product:  Soundbar 700

Country - US

Firmware Version: 10.0.10-8565+88f8514

App Version: 4.2.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bsmith12
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2020

Re: Bose 700 Soundbar - Google Assistant not responding

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

As I stated in my original post I tried pressing the power button on the remote and also the button on the soundbar and it still didn't work.  

I finally gave up and exchanged the soundbar for a new one since I haven't even had it for a week.  The new one is working as it should and the Google Assistant so far is working perfectly.

Thanks for you help.   

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Jessie_O

Hey @Bsmith12

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with Google assistance. I will be more than happy to help!

Can you tell me what you need to do to get this working? 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? I would recommend that you try removing Google assistance. You can do this by selecting the voice assistance option in the settings menu. 

Let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Bsmith12
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2020

I did remove Google Assistant through the mobile app and then setup voice assistant again.  This didn't resolve the issue.  I do get sound from the TV through the soundbar.  However Google Assistant will not respond until I reset the soundbar by unplugging it from power.   

I'm not sure what other troubleshooting steps I can perform.   

Vicky_W

@Bsmith12, do you have any other Google Assistant (GA) devices? Do they work? Also, do you have any other Bose products with smart assistants in the house? If so, are they too running GA, and working correctly? 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Bsmith12
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2020

I have a Google Home speaker and it works fine.   No I have no other Bose smart devices.   

Charlotte_G

@Bsmith12 Thanks for confirming! At the time that the soundbar doesn't respond to "Hey Google", are you able to use the action button to activate the Google Assistant? This will indicate whether the assistant is still responding at this time.

Bsmith12
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2020

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

As I stated in my original post I tried pressing the power button on the remote and also the button on the soundbar and it still didn't work.  

I finally gave up and exchanged the soundbar for a new one since I haven't even had it for a week.  The new one is working as it should and the Google Assistant so far is working perfectly.

Thanks for you help.   

View solution in original post

Keith_L

Hi Bsmith12,

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear Google Assistant is working correctly on your new soundbar!

I'll go ahead and mark your post as a solution, and if there is anything we can do to assist in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Velden
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2020

When the  Google assistant not working at the soundbar 700 you can look in the Google home app. and put on voice match. 

It solved the problem at my soundbar.

I have had firmware update 10.0.10 

ms7330
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

I've seen the exact same behavior on my soundbar 700. I also have a google home and I have Voice Match setup. I've had the unit for about a year, this behavior just started 2-3 weeks ago and has happened twice now. My FW revision is also 10.0.10. Power cycling the unit is the only way it fixes it until the next time it fails. Could this be a problem with 10.0.10? Because nothing else has changed in my setup..