Jaberry
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

Bose 700 Soundbar Yellow Light keeps pulsing and music app will not connect to Alexa

Help.  I have a Bose 700 Soundbar, Base 700 and Accesory speakers connected to a Samsung Smart TV. WiFi in home. The Soundbar and speakers work fine. But the indicator light keeps pulsin yellow. Manual says that is an Alexa notification but my Bose Music App says no Voice Assistant in region.  I am in Atlanta, Georgia area and have Alexa operating in home with 2 RING cameras and an Echo Show.  I can’t get anything to work. Help, please!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose 700 Soundbar Yellow Light keeps pulsing and music app will not connect to Alexa

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jaberry

Hi Jaberry, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I would highly recommend performing a factory reset on the Soundbar 700 and then setting up Alexa in the Soundbar during startup. 

A factory reset can be performed by: 

A factory reset clears all source, volume and network settings from the system returning it to its original factory settings.

1. Remove the product from your Bose account.
  2. On the remote, simultaneously press and hold the Power and Skip forward buttons for 5 seconds. The soundbar reboots and, when complete, the light bar glows solid amber.

I look forward to hearing your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Bose 700 Soundbar Yellow Light keeps pulsing and music app will not connect to Alexa

Hello Jaberry,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about your issue with Alexa but I would like to help.

Great there is a good connection with the TV and the speakers but to resolve your issue try:

• Asking Alexa to play something to your speakers? This is to test if Amazon music is enabled in your region.
  • Power cycle the Echo show by disconnecting it from power and waiting for 30 seconds before reconnecting.

Let me know the outcome after trying these steps.

Kind regards,

Prince_O

Highlighted
Daniel_R
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

Try asking alexa to read your notifications or try and clear them in the Alexa app
Jaberry
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

I can’t do that because the Alexa app doesn’t see the Bose 700 Soundbar.  I know that Amazon Music is enabled in this area because I can play music on my Echo Show from my Amazon playlist.

Jaberry
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

Thanks, but the issue is I can’t get Alexa to even recognize the Soundbar.

HI Jaberry, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this issue. I think this issue is coming from possibly not having the Bose Skill enabled for Alexa. 

I would recommend checking out this link here on how to set up Bose Skill for Alexa. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B 

Jaberry
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

That didn't do it.  I have Bose (not for Sound Touch) enabled in skills and connected to my account.  When I go to the Bose Music app, under Settings, the 'Voice Assistant' I get "There is currently no voice assistants available in your region. Please check back later" 

Bose 700 Soundbar does not show when I try 'Add Device' in Alexa 

Hello Jaberry,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry you are still having issues, I would recommend you tried to reset the product and I would also recommend resetting your router as this could also be causing an issue. 

Perform a soundbar reset by following these steps:

• Turn the soundbar off

• Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet

• Wait 30 seconds

• Reconnect the power cord

• Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot 

Let me know how you get on.

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C

Jaberry
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

Did what you suggested. No change.  Soundbar is listed in my WiFi device list. Still no Soundbar in Alexa and Amazon Music app still says no Alexa available.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jaberry

Hi Jaberry, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I would highly recommend performing a factory reset on the Soundbar 700 and then setting up Alexa in the Soundbar during startup. 

A factory reset can be performed by: 

A factory reset clears all source, volume and network settings from the system returning it to its original factory settings.

1. Remove the product from your Bose account.
  2. On the remote, simultaneously press and hold the Power and Skip forward buttons for 5 seconds. The soundbar reboots and, when complete, the light bar glows solid amber.

I look forward to hearing your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B