Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 8, 2020

Bose 700 Soundbar and Module. Universale remote and settings questions (3 questions)

I’m not mad or complaining 🙂. I just want to confirm a few things before I decide if I’m going to return my sounder and module 700, because I can’t find any definitive answers on the internet or on this site. I’ve found some threads that touch upon my issues but nothing with clear cut answers to my questions. Thanks in advance for any help/information, and sorry if my questions seem like they have obvious answers.

Is there really no way to adjust bass on the universal remote? This would be a deal breaker for me, and this alone will probably decide if I return my items or not. Not only is it cumbersome, having to switch between the remote and my wife’s iPad every time I want to make an adjustment, but I don’t always have access to my wife’s iPad (since she needs it for work).

Alternatively, is there any way to adjust the volume in the Music App? Because all I use this remote for (other than power on/off) is volume. So at the very least I could buy an old used iPhone and just use that as my remote, if I can adjust volume in the music app.

And finally, are there more settings? All I see are settings for treble, center channel, bass, speaker level and that voice enhancer (I can’t remember what it’s called off-hand, and I don’t have access to iPad right now to check). Any other sound system I’ve ever owned over the past 25 years has a large amount of settings that allow for many different ways to tweak the sound. So I’d assume something this advanced would have a ton of different settings, but I can’t find any more than what I listed above.

Again, thanks for any help 🙂