Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

Bose 700 Soundbar and Sony Bravia TV

For a couple years my Sony Bravia and Bose 700 Soundbar have been working "okay" using an HDMI (ARC & CEC) connection.  Suddenly two days ago it stopped working.  I've jumped through hoops (unplugging both and letting them sit then plugging them back in etc) but nothing seems to have restored functioning.

I can get sound by connecting via an optical cable.  However that leave me needing TWO remotes (the TV remote and the sound bar remote).  I detest the Bose Soundbar remote since you can't see the buttons without "waking it up" and then it falls asleep almost instantly again.

Any ideas why these devices stopped communicating with each other?  The TV seems to recognize that it's connected to the Bose as it will display the "switching audio to external" message but then silence and nothing gets the Bose to generate sound (unless I do like I mentioned and use the optical cable).  Why won't HDMI and ARC work anymore?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2020

Re: Bose 700 Soundbar and Sony Bravia TV

Wondering if there is something strange with the setup or config, as I'd expect the audio from both HDMI and Air Play to be similar. Its a pain to switch the audio to Air Play every time.   Krogerfeedback

Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 Soundbar and Sony Bravia TV

Hey Mithel, 

Welcome to the forums. 

It sounds like you are experiencing the same issue as noted here. There is some great troubleshooting in this thread. Can you please give it a try, let me know what you tried, and how you get on? 

I'm sure we can fix this together. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!