jeffdierking80@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Bose 700 Surround Speakers

I recently bought the Bose 700 5.1 system with the soundbar, subwoofer and surround speakers. Everything is synced and working properly except for the surround speakers. In the Bose Music App I have the volume for the surround speakers turned all the way up to 100 yet I have to put my ear next to the speakers to hear any sound and even then its a whisper. I've tried everything I can think of to try and fix this problem. I've ran Adaptiq, unplugged & replugged in everything, reinstalled the Bose Music App, removed everything from the Bose Music App and added it all back again, moved the speakers further back & ran Adaptiq again, and disabled the surround speakers from the Bose Music App and reenabled them. Still nothing works. My soundbar's firmware is the most up-to-date at 7.0.10-7792. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get decent sound coming from these surround speakers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ThierryStephane
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Surround Speakers

Author Accepted Answer selected by jeffdierking80@gmail.com

When you run adtapiQ, are the speakers close to you seating position ?

If so try to move them further away when you run the calibration. Mine are very loud, so this is not normal.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ThierryStephane
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Are you sure you are sending 5.1 sound to the soundbar ?

What is your source and TV model ?

jeffdierking80@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

Yes, I am sure I'm sending 5.1 sound to the soundbar. I've tried just connecting thru bluetooth straight from my phone playing some 5.1 surround sound tests from youtube and I've tried just connecting thru HDMI watching 5.1 movies on my Vizio tv (E472VLE) which have the audio set to surround and I've tried switching the digital audio out from both PCM and Dolby Digital. Technically the speakers do work because I am getting audio from them but its barely noticeable even at 100% volume and definitely not worth the price I paid for them and the speaker stands.

ThierryStephane
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by jeffdierking80@gmail.com

When you run adtapiQ, are the speakers close to you seating position ?

If so try to move them further away when you run the calibration. Mine are very loud, so this is not normal.

View solution in original post

jeffdierking80@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2020

The speakers are directly behind the couch so very close, within a foot or so, of the seating positions. I had moved the speakers back from the couch and ran adtaptiQ in the past with the same problem. I tried moving them back again further and running adtaptiQ in different places and that seemed to do the trick so I put the speakers back in the original spot. Not sure if the couch or tv console was causing interference or the placement of the receivers was a problem. About 10 feet away from the speakers I have the two receivers on the floor plugged in behind the tv with the speaker wire running under the tv console, rug, and couch to the speaker stands behind the couch if that makes any sense.

So if anyone else runs into a similar situation, I guess the solution is to try repositioning the speakers and running adtaptiQ again until they work properly. Thanks for your help and suggestions!

jackkinman73@gmail.com
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

you can’t get surround sound from YouTube nor can you get surround sound from. Bluetooth 😂. I’m sorry but that made me laugh. You are setting your system up wrong. Did you know when watching movies 90% of the sound comes from the center channel. The surround speakers are only for ambience. Things like rain, bullet shells, waves, background noise. If the movie directors didn’t add it into the mix nothing will come from the surround speakers. The surround speakers work well. You just have to know and understand how surround sound works.