Bose 700 Universal Remote Not Pairing to LG55UF6000-UB

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Bose 700 Universal Remote Not Pairing to LG55UF6000-UB

Just got the Bose 700 Soundbar and attempted to setup the Universal Remote with my LG TV. The App just cycles through different attempts to power the TV off with no success, it then asks for the model number. I did the model number and it says "paired". However, it does not control the TV at all. I have reset everything, powered on/off TV, etc... and nothing seem to work.

Any resolutions to this? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose 700 Universal Remote Not Pairing to LG55UF6000-UB

Hi NS1980, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

Can you please confirm that your TV is connected to the Soundbar via the HDMI ARC port? 

You can find out more information on ARC here if needed.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Hector.

Thank you. I have the 700 connected to the Optical Audio and a AppleTV connected to the TV via HDMI. The Apple TV connected to the Universal Remote without problems. 

Hi NS1980,

Thank you for confirming this information for us!

When you are setting up the connections with your Universal remote control, is your soundbar and your device running the Bose Music App connected to the same Wi-Fi network? And which device are you using to run the Bose Music App?

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Quiet Contributor

Yes. Same Wifi network. I am using an iPhone with iOS 12.2

Hi NS1980, 

Thanks for updating us on this issue. 

Have you attempted to set the controller up in the App under the controller settings?  If the app doesn't set up the controller the first time it will take you to a alternate set up method and ask for the Tv Model. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B