Bose 700 Universal Remote Not Pairing to LG55UF6000-UB

Quiet Contributor

Bose 700 Universal Remote Not Pairing to LG55UF6000-UB

Just got the Bose 700 Soundbar and attempted to setup the Universal Remote with my LG TV. The App just cycles through different attempts to power the TV off with no success, it then asks for the model number. I did the model number and it says "paired". However, it does not control the TV at all. I have reset everything, powered on/off TV, etc... and nothing seem to work.

Any resolutions to this? 

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Bose 700 Universal Remote Not Pairing to LG55UF6000-UB

Hi NS1980, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

Can you please confirm that your TV is connected to the Soundbar via the HDMI ARC port? 

You can find out more information on ARC here if needed.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Hector.

Thank you. I have the 700 connected to the Optical Audio and a AppleTV connected to the TV via HDMI. The Apple TV connected to the Universal Remote without problems. 

Hi NS1980,

Thank you for confirming this information for us!

When you are setting up the connections with your Universal remote control, is your soundbar and your device running the Bose Music App connected to the same Wi-Fi network? And which device are you using to run the Bose Music App?

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Quiet Contributor

Yes. Same Wifi network. I am using an iPhone with iOS 12.2

Hi NS1980, 

Thanks for updating us on this issue. 

Have you attempted to set the controller up in the App under the controller settings?  If the app doesn't set up the controller the first time it will take you to a alternate set up method and ask for the Tv Model. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Yes. I did all that, entered the model number, tried to get the App to go through different codes to get the power to work. None of it worked.

Hello NS1980,

Would it be possible to try connecting your Soundbar to the TV via HDMI ARC and then setting up the remote again?

Let me know if the problem persists.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

Quiet Contributor

HMDI ARC is not an option with this model of LG. When I first tried to set up the remote, I got the TV Input selection on the Bose Universal Remote to actually transmit that to the TV...but it only worked for that one time. I have not been able to get the remote to connect to the TV ever since. I have removed the TV from settings and tried again, turned off/unplugg TV and Soundbar, etc... Nothing has worked.

Community Manager

Hi NS1980, 

Thanks for providing an update. It is interesting to note that it has worked successfully at one point.

Is the Soundbar 700 located in an enclosed space such as a cabinet or similar? Commands to third-party devices such as a TV or Apple TV are sent directly from the Soundbar 700 to the device, and not from the Universal Remote. The IR blasters are located to the left and right sides of the speaker. Does the LG TV's IR receiver have a clear line of sight available to the emitters on the Soundbar? If required, an additional IR blaster can be attached to the rear of the Soundbar 700 to maximize IR signals being sent from the device. Are you able to physically locate the IR receivers for your LG TV?

Kindest,

Andy B