Bose 700 Universal Remote Not Pairing to LG55UF6000-UB

Quiet Contributor

Re: Bose 700 Universal Remote Not Pairing to LG55UF6000-UB

The speaker is directly in front of the TV, with distance between the speaker and TV. The IR for this TV model is in the center of the TV, so if the Bose has side IR signals it would be difficult for the IR signal to reach. It appears maybe when it worked for a brief second that the IR signal comng from the side of the Bose unit reflected off something that hit the TV correctly for that one time. Where can I find the IR extender that shoots from the back of the Bose unit?

Hi NS1980, 

Thanks for posting and confirming that for us. 

To purchase the extender I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards,

Hector B 

Quiet Contributor

I hooked up the emitter to the back port of the Bose 700 and placed it near the TV IR receiver and am still not getting the Universal Remote to program with my TV. Is there any other resolutions for this? It seems to be a common issue for this remote.

Hi NS1980, 

Have you attempted to connect a different third-party universal remote to the TV to see if the TV is compatible? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Before the Bose system, I had a Harmony Universal remote hooked.

Thank you for this information.

To confirm did you have full functionality with the Harmony Remote?

Kindest,

Jessie O

Quiet Contributor

Yes. 100% functionality with Harmony

Hi NS1980, 

Can you please re-attempt setup with the remote control now that you are using the IR emitter? You may find you have a different experience during setup with the emitter attached. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Quiet Contributor

Come on. It’s been attempted plenty of times. Can you all maybe admit you have a bad product that’s really expensive? This experience with customer service has been nothing but a bunch of questions with no real solutions. I’m done. Not buying Bose anymore. Will move on to a better company. 

Hi Ns1980, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I am very sorry to hear that you have had this experience and can only apologize for the inconvenience.  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am sorry that we weren't able to provide you with a solution via the community.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B