Rubens
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

Bose 700 Universal remote light

Since a while I experience that when I select an input nothing happens on the remote. The buttons only light up when I move the remote again.

Currently when I select an input like TV everything (tv etc) turns on correctly but the remote lights don’t update accordingly and keeps only showing the input buttons. I have to move/shake the remote again to update/activate the remote layout for the selected input. When I select an input and press the button I need (not lighting up yet) the command is actually sent to the Soundbar > TV.

Is this a known bug, because resetting the bar didn’t work for me.

In the beginning this worked correctly and as soon as I pressed an input source it switched to the correct remote layout.

- Bose Soundbar 700

- Bose Universal Remote

- Bose firmware 8.0.13

- Bose music app 3.3.4 (iOS 13.4.1)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Bose 700 Universal remote light

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi Rubens, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

This is certainly a strange behavior and not something I have heard of. I would recommend reaching out to our support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to help you! 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Keith_L

Hi Rubens,

This is a really weird issue you have run into here. It's not something I have heard of happening before but I'd love to help you get to the bottom of it! To do so I do have a couple of questions about your system to gather a bit more information.

As you said this has been happening for a little while, roughly how long ago did this start happening?

Also, did you make any changes to your setup around the time this started happening at all? Did you change the layout of your system, program the remote to control any new devices or anything like that?

Does this happen with any input you select on the remote or only certain inputs?

One thing I would definitely recommend trying to start with is simply power cycling the remote and soundbar. To do this, disconnect the soundbar from power and remove the batteries from the remote, wait for at least 30 seconds then put the batteries back in, plug the soundbar in and let it boot back up.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Rubens
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

Thank you for your reply.

It happens with any source I start from when the bar is in standby mode. When switching between sources it works fine.

I don’t remember a specific time it started the only guess I that comes up in my mind is after adding the 700 surround speakers but I doubt it was then (I tried to remove them but didn’t change anything). I think it happened after a software update of the soundbar, but I don’t know from what software version.

But to be 100% sure it is unrelated to the settings running on my soundbar I did the following:

Another factory reset of the soundbar and tried the remote from a brand new configuration. This didn’t work, still the same problem of not showing the correct layout directly. When I added a new source nothing changed and when I did a power cycle it looked like it worked correctly the first time I started a source. But after that again the same behaviour of not showing the correct layout until I move the remote again.

Sam_F

Thank you for trying that, @Rubens.

Have you been able to try new batteries in the remote - to check that isn't the cause of the issue? You may notice a small improvement, and if not, this may be a sign that the remote is having an issue and may need to be replaced.

Rubens
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

I tried new batteries but didn’t change anything.

when pressing the source I see the bar turns directly on when having the Bose music app open. Here is as well a video of what actually happens.

Video

Jessie_O

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi Rubens, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

This is certainly a strange behavior and not something I have heard of. I would recommend reaching out to our support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to help you! 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

View solution in original post