Bose 700 and Homekit

SOLVED
Audible Advocate

Bose 700 and Homekit

Hello everybody,

since the last firmware update i noticed that when i search for homekit products my soundbar, bose 700, is there. When i tried to connect the sb to homekit it asked my for an 8 digit passcode but i can't find it.

Does anybody know anything about bose 700 and homekit connectivity?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Author Accepted Answer selected by nikos

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose 700 and Homekit

Hi Nikos, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

The SoundBar can be added to the Apple Home App by following the steps below: 

1. Connect your soundbar to the Bose Music App. This can be downloaded from the App Store and then follow the instructions on the screen. 
  2. Once the speaker is connected to the Bose MusicApp, close the app and open the Apple Home App. 
  3. To add the speaker choose 'Add an Accessory' and then choose 'Don't Have a Code or Cant Scan.'
  4. You should then see the speaker in nearby accessories. 
  5. Click on the product you would like to add. 

Once added, you can assign the Soundbar to any room and rename it to whatever you would like. 

PLEASE NOTE: Playback cannot be initiated within the home app. However, once your Bose product has been added as an accessory within the Home App, you can use Siri on your Apple device to initiate playback. If you have an Apple music account, you can tell her what music you want to play on which speakers and even ask her to play different songs on different speakers. Siri is not embedded in our products as an Apple device is vital to it working. 

I hope this answers your question, let me know if you need further assistance. 

Kind Regards,

Vicky W - Bose Community Support 

11 REPLIES 11
Audible Advocate

Hi,

i did this:

click on “add accessory” in the home app

click on “i’vent a code or i can’t scan” and you will see the bose soundbar like a “discovered device”

click on it and it will be added

p.s. This is not useful because you can’t do anything with soundbar and honekit at the moment

Audible Advocate

Thank you Petrinho 17,

i did what you said before i posted my question and i saw exactly the same, that i could not do anything with homekit.

That's why i thought that this was happening due to the fact that i never connected it with a passcode.

But if you know that there is still no intergration...then that solves it all!

I hope that someone from Bose tells us if there are any plans about it in the future...

Hi Nikos, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

The SoundBar can be added to the Apple Home App by following the steps below: 

1. Connect your soundbar to the Bose Music App. This can be downloaded from the App Store and then follow the instructions on the screen. 
  2. Once the speaker is connected to the Bose MusicApp, close the app and open the Apple Home App. 
  3. To add the speaker choose 'Add an Accessory' and then choose 'Don't Have a Code or Cant Scan.'
  4. You should then see the speaker in nearby accessories. 
  5. Click on the product you would like to add. 

Once added, you can assign the Soundbar to any room and rename it to whatever you would like. 

PLEASE NOTE: Playback cannot be initiated within the home app. However, once your Bose product has been added as an accessory within the Home App, you can use Siri on your Apple device to initiate playback. If you have an Apple music account, you can tell her what music you want to play on which speakers and even ask her to play different songs on different speakers. Siri is not embedded in our products as an Apple device is vital to it working. 

I hope this answers your question, let me know if you need further assistance. 

Kind Regards,

Vicky W - Bose Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Thank you very much,

i can ask siri to play a song from  music app from the iphone, than's nice!

Audible Advocate

Hi, what if the speaker doesn’t appear in the Home App when adding an Accessory?

Tks
Audible Advocate

I do have the same issue. bose 700 soundbar is not listed yet in my iphone SE home kit. 

I have an apple TV and its listed. I googled and there are many reasons given for why your soundbar is not yet listed on the home kit

a) reset bose 700 

b) same wifi network (iphone and sound bar)

c) reset wifi router 

I am yet to do the 3rd option. Rest  2 steps are already tried, and it did not solve my issue. So far after the April 19th firmware update, I never saw the soundbar 700 listed in my iphone as airplay device. Only via blue tooth I am using it now.

If any suggestions of how to make soundbar 700 listed to your iphone SE, MacBook please suggest. I do not want to reset the router or check configuration into router, as I am not quiet good at it.

@mschoenfelder wrote:
Hi, what if the speaker doesn’t appear in the Home App when adding an Accessory?

Tks

Ranjit

Hi mschoenfelder,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble adding your Soundbar in the Home App.

User Ranjit is absolutely correct in suggesting those 3 steps. It is absolutely essential that the Soundbar and your device are on the same Wi-Fi network! 

Give those steps a go and get back to us if you are still having the problem. 

To Ranjit: I completely understand that you may not want to mess with any router settings if it is out of your comfort zone. I would like to point out that resetting your router just involved unplugging it for around 30 seconds and plugging it back in. Allow 1-2 minutes for your router to reboot and try discovering the Soundbar again.

Of course, If you are still having problems, reach out to us again and we will be happy to assist you.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

Audible Advocate

tried reboot of the router too. Still I cant find the device in my iphone.

may be i am doing some thing wrong with my iphone , so i reset iphone as well. still no luck.

in my iphone following 3 screens I see. help me if they are correct

IMG_4508.PNGin home app - click add accessoryIMG_4509.PNGoptions listed in the next screenIMG_4510.PNGfurther the device is not listed

Thank you for demonstrating your actions Ranjit. 

Would it be possible that you confirm your location for me? 

It may be a wise option to suggest a team viewer session with our Technical Support team and they will be able to look in to this and establish where the problem is. 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G