Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Bose 700 flashing white light

White light is continuously flashing when Alexa is enabled. It stops once Alexa isremoved and resumes when enabled again.

Please advise. 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 flashing white light

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear you're having this experience, we would love to help. 

So I can provide you with the most accurate information, what product do you own? The Soundbar 700 or the Headphones 700?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Hi, thank you for reaching out. I have soundbar 700. I have noticed that the light stops flashing when I remove Alexa functionality.

Highlighted

Thank you for confirming this. 

Is this just when you ask for a command? Does Alexa fulfil the task you ask? 

If you Mute your voice assistant by clicking the microphone LED, does this persist?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

It starts flashing about a minute after the speaker turns on and persists. Alexa still answers and performs commands but the light flashes all the time even when interacting with Alexa. It continues to flash even if i mute the microphone. I’ve noticed that the issue started about 2 days ago. Maybe its caused by the latest firmware update?

Highlighted

I am very sorry to hear this!

Lets reset your soundbar to see if this provides any improvements? Please remove your speaker from power for 30 seconds, then reconnect. 

To confirm, this did not occur until a couple of days ago? Was this coinciding with you updating the firmware?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2020

I have unplugged the speaker for a couple of minutes and the issue persists. I have noticed the flashing started about two days ago. I believe my Bose app notified me about the update approximatelly 3 or 4 days ago.

Highlighted

I am very sorry to hear this.

One last thing I would suggest is that this is not your voice assistant trying to make you aware of any notifications within the voice assistant app. This is usually correlated by an Amber flashing LED, however it is worth taking a look into this to ensure whether or not this is the case.

If this provides no positive results, I would say that you reach out to your local product support for further assistance. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. 

Thank you.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

This same thing happening to me, please advise. Just contact the support link you listed?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

Mine too.  Tried hard reset which only temporarily resolved.  Didn’t have it until a couple weeks ago so wondering if the firmware update was buggy.