Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Re: Bose 700 flashing white light

This issue is a new „feature“ caused by the new update.... „Ups, I did it again“

You have to wait for a Fix, since Resetting and all that stuff won‘t work.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 30, 2019

It’s also happened to me

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 31, 2020

I have had rapid pulsing white light also. i read about it online at Bose website and it said soundbar was trying to connect to bluetooth or wifi. Since I didn't have any bluetooth devices active, that did not make make sense. So i assumed it was wifi. but, i checked my Nighthawk router app and it said my Bose 700 Soundbar was actively connected to wifi. I unplugged my Bass Module and Surround Speakers and Soundbar, waited about 2 minutes and plugged the Soundbar (only) back in. I left the other speakers unplugged. Now the flashing has ceased but i still have not plugged in the other speakers. At this moment i will plug them back in... OK everything is plugged in, white light is not flashing anymore. Soundbar is connected to Samsung QLED TV via HDMI cable, and Optical Out (but output setting on TV is set to "tv Speaker" not "Optical" at the moment). This flashing light problem comes and goes intermittently and I actually have no idea what is happening or why it stops after a reset like this, then comes back. 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

The light stops flashing if you change the source (i.e. TV-> Spotify and then back to TV)

Bose just messed up with the firmware again.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Is there a fix for this flashing white light? Mine started doing it two days ago and it's driving me crazy 😞

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2020

@Bose when can we expect a fix please?  It’s been >1 month now. Not what expected of a premium product. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2020

what I tried this morning was

- from the boae music app switch off the sub

- restart the sub - standard switch it off, wait for a a bit and then back on. 
- switch it back on from the Bose music app. 
- check the status light on the back of the sub is solid white. 

has solved (for the moment) for me....I’ll update if it returns. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 5, 2020

Flashing light is back 🙈

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2020

I've the same white blinking light on my bose 700 soundbar...tried all reset options, doesn't work. Is there any update or fix to this issue?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2020

And it only happens on enabling google assistant, once disabled the light doesn't blink anymore.