Yanks02026
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

Bose 700 not connecting anymore

Hello,

System worked great since christmas, but today it stopped playing the sound from the TV an the sound went back to coming from the TV.  I click the TV button on the remote like I have done hundreds of times, but it just blinks white on the soundbar but doesnt switch to sound thru the soundbar and just stays thru the TV...

Tried resetting it and redoing everything, but samething keeps happening.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose 700 not connecting anymore

Author Accepted Answer selected by Yanks02026

Did you look at your TV setup and make sure it is still on external HDMI/optical sound out and did not somehow get switched back to internal speakers?

Also, something that works for me and solves almost every problem is to unplug both the power cable and the HDMI cable from the soundbar and wait a minute or two.  Then plug the HDMI in, then the power cable.

2 REPLIES 2
jimgfitz
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Yanks02026

Did you look at your TV setup and make sure it is still on external HDMI/optical sound out and did not somehow get switched back to internal speakers?

Also, something that works for me and solves almost every problem is to unplug both the power cable and the HDMI cable from the soundbar and wait a minute or two.  Then plug the HDMI in, then the power cable.

Yanks02026
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

Thanks,

It actually started working again today.  Not sure what the reason problem was.