Bose 700 remote controller vs TXL50DT60E - not working

Bose product name

Bose soundbar 700

Firmware Version

10.0.10-8565+88f8514
App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

TXL50DT60E software 3885-10502

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

It doesnt work from the begining

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I have a problem with pairing bose 700 remote control with TV TXL50DT60E. Bose Music doesn't see this TV on HDMI Arc port.

Sevral facts:

1. The music is working through HDMI Arc.

2. The CEC is working. When i enable Soundbar, TV is also turned on. When i disable Soundbar TV is turned off. When i enable TV using TV remote control the soundbar is also tuned on and vice versa.

3. Panasonic Viera Link detects Home Theater so using TV remote control i can raise and mute soundbar sound.

4. Soundbar can use BT, TV and audio portals on the Internet.

I cannot associate Bose 700 remote control with this Panasonic TV using Bose Music application. Because of that I have several questions:

1. Do you have any list of tested TV models where all Bose fuctions(including remote control) is working. Can you give me the link to such document.

2. Do you ever tested Bose soundbar 700 with this TV model.

3. Do you have any proposal how to force Bose 700 remote control to configure Panasonic as TV if automatic detection is not working.

Any troubleshooting steps you took:

1. Checked the different HDMI cable.

2. I did Turn off and on TV+soundbar+Internet link+removing HDMI cables

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Hi Re: Bose 700 remote controller vs TXL50DT60E - not working

Author Accepted Answer selected by Neji

Hey Neji,

Thanks for letting me know the Bose Connect app worked fine! What happens when you load the Bose Music app on a different device, do you still have the same issue with finding your TV? Try signing out of your Bose Music account also, to see if this helps you at all.

If things do not improve, you may have to perform a factory reset and walk through the app set up from the start again, so you can correctly link your TV control. Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose 700 remote controller vs TXL50DT60E - not working

Hey @Neji, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry that you've had trouble using your Soundbar 700 Universal Remote to control your TV. Could you please confirm that you have been through the following setup process?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Neji
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2020

Hi Re: Bose 700 remote controller vs TXL50DT60E - not working

Hi,

Yes i walked through this process and in step 3 in TV tab i don't have button: Connect to a new TV.

Vicky_W

@Neji, thanks for confirming this. Can I please ask what you do see when you click this? Do you have a video or a screenshot?

Neji
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2020

It looks like this.

Screenshot_20201126-191333_Bose Music.jpg

Sam_F

Thank you for providing the screenshot. That is quite odd!

Have you tried opening the SoundTouch app on a different device, to check if the TV page is still coming up as blank? If it continues to do so, try logging out of your SoundTouch app, reboot your WiFi router by disconnecting it from power for two minutes, and then log back into SoundTouch.

Let us know how things go!

Neji
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2020

Unfortunately, i dont have soundtouch speaker so i cannot test soundtouch application, but i have headphones QC35 II and there was no problem to associate this TV via BT in Bose connect application and also it works fine.

Sam_F

Author Accepted Answer selected by Neji

Hey Neji,

Thanks for letting me know the Bose Connect app worked fine! What happens when you load the Bose Music app on a different device, do you still have the same issue with finding your TV? Try signing out of your Bose Music account also, to see if this helps you at all.

If things do not improve, you may have to perform a factory reset and walk through the app set up from the start again, so you can correctly link your TV control. Let me know how you get on!

View solution in original post

Neji
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2020

Hi,

I changed device to IPhone and performed soundbar factory reset. Once it was done finally TV was detected. I dont know what is the difference in Bose music application between Apple IOS and Android but it looks the problem was solved when i started to use Bose Music on IOS. So TV was detected. I can add devices like cablebox and gaming console. I can turn off and on and almost fully control both.

Almost because in case of cable box, DVR button is not working and in case of Playstation 4, i can turn on device but console is not respoding to Bose remote control commands. It looks like turn on is more the result of CEC on appropriate HDMI port than command send by Bose Remote Control.

So i have two more questions if this is not a problem:

1. Have you ever used Bose remote control to control on Playstation 4 and do something more than just turn on through CEC?

2. Have you ever tested whether DVR button is working with UPC cablebox?

Jessie_O

Hey Neji,

I'm glad to hear you found some success with the factory reset and also trying a different device! 

Regarding your query, the system was not designed to control your PS4 so it is hard to say which commands will work. As the Bose remote is a universal remote, we cannot guarantee full functionality. 

If you have any other questions, please let me know.