Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaybond44
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2021

Bose 700 remote will not pair with device in 2021

I have done all troubleshooting steps recommended for this problem and it has not rectified the problem. The next recommendation you'd give me is to contact my local service provider and pay $160 to send my device in to get it fixed. For obvious reasons I will not be sending my device in and paying  you guys and additional $160 to repair a $800 sounbar that should at the very least be able to connect to its own remote!!! You guys need to fix this issue as it's been in you guys' thread since 2018 and still I'm here 3 years later posting about the same problem! I'm an engineer so I'm flabbergasted as to how such a reputable company like bose can't afford a team of engineers that can rectify connectivity issues with their products? Judging from the most recent app update it seems like you guys are more focused with the UI/UX instead of actual software issues which should be your only concern. When people pay $2000 for a sound system they expect it to be able to connect to accessory speakers EVERYTIME they use it without problem, they expect it to be able to connect with Alexa EVERYTIME they use it without problem, they expect it to be able to connect to its own remote EVERYTIME they use it without problem. The fact that after 3 years of customers complaining about the same issues shows that you guys intend to make zero effort in actually rectifying these problems which is exactly why I will be returning my system for something that simply works. 

1 REPLY 1
ThierryStephane
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Re: Bose 700 remote will not pair with device in 2021

Did you try to reset the pairing list in the remote ?

This can be done by on the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list.

Also the obvious but change the batteries .. this remote sucks the batteries, you have to change them every 6 months…