Highlighted
MathewMarsh
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Bose 700 sound bars remote failing

So about a day or two after we purchased a complete Bose 700 sound bar system (during which everything worked perfect) the universal remote started acting up. What it does is it constantly hits down. As in the channel will never stop changing down. I have re paired several dozen times and talked to tech support in the phone. They sent me a new universal remote very quickly but the remote does the exact same thing as the old one. I have about given up with the entire thing. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose 700 sound bars remote failing

Hello MathewMarsh, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue, it certainly does seem strange. I would like to try troubleshooting on the Soundbar to see if this can resolve the issue. I would like to try these as the issue has been with two separate remotes, so it is unlikely to be the remote. (Unless you are accidentally using the old remote again haha!) 

We can start with a refresh and an update of the system.

If you still have issues after this, please do let me know. 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
MathewMarsh
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Re: Bose 700 sound bars remote failing

no it did not fix the problem. So I called and Bose told me that I have to send my sound bar in for repair. They also said I would have to go without a soundbar for at least 4 weeks. Considering I spent almost 2000 dollars for the sound system and it’s only a few months old I’m not overly impressed. I was expecting A we will send you a new one and just send us the old one back when you get it. No one was really willing to work with us. Very frustrated and regretting talking my wife out of going with a different brand.