SouthernMarine316
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2021

Bose 700 soundbar continuously updating and non responsive

Purchased a 700 soundbar and 700 base module back in January. I didn't think I was getting updates and attempted to push an update. When the soundbar restarted it had no sound but the base module worked. I was able to get sound back, but I attempted the update again and the same thing happened. According to the bose website, the next step was attempt recovery mode. My soundbar has the left to right white LED scroll but was stuck there for an hour. I called bkse and they attempted to factory reset my soyndbar, but the soundbar is unresponsive to the remote which is now just flashing the input buttons. I am now on hour 2 of waiting and hoping the update finishes. It is worth noting that the bose rep also had me unplug the soundbar and when it restarted, the LED light continues to scroll left to right. Any other recommendations before I have to send the soundbar in?

**UPDATE**

I unplugged it and started recovery mode again at approximately 930PM. At 630 this morning it was still scrolling left to right. I unplugged it for while I'm at work and hopefully something will reset. 

Bose product name

700 Sound bar

Country

USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

All bose recommended, both online and phone

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_F

Re: Bose 700 soundbar continuously updating and non responsive

Hey SouthernMarine316,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I hope you've loved the sound of your home theatre system so far!

I'm sorry to hear you're running into issues with the system updating, but I'd be happy to help. The remote seems to have unpaired from the system, which can make it difficult to communicate with the soundbar. Therefore, it's best if we focus on re-pairing the remote, and then putting the system into recovery mode to attempt the update one more time. If the system still has issues installing, then I'd recommend contacting support to look into the service options to have this issue resolved.

To pair your remote, follow the steps HERE, under 'A device running the app is not available'. You will need your soundbar plugged in to attempt this.

After, put the system into recovery mode, and give it time to install the update once more. If you find no change after 24 hours, I'd recommend reaching out to support once more to have this fixed. Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
KirbyKB
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2021

Bose 700 Soundbar frimware update failed

Bose product name

Bose Soundbar 700

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Stucked in download mode, the soundbar keeping the white light from left to right for over a week.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

It happend suddently after I replug the power scoket.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Recover mode > Failed

Power Reset >Failed

Factory Reset > Failed and could not connect back the remote control, the Wifi could not reset.
Direct IP/USB update > Failed with error "That didn't work. Download a differnet file, then try again."

Update_error.png

Wondering if any other perious update file could be download and test it.

SouthernMarine316
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2021

I have tried to pair the remote again and it will not pair. Even when I unplug the system and wait over 1 minute it the light will start scrolling again. I have successfully put it in recovery mode based upon the green light but it has been over a week now and no combination of updating has worked. I reached out to support and they want me to mail it in. 

Sam_F

Hey SouthernMarine316,

Thank you for trying the steps I posted - sorry to hear it did not help. However, I'm glad you were able to reach out to support and arrange a service for your system, to get this issue resolved. Please report back if you have any further queries or questions and we'll be happy to assist!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!