Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2020

Bose 700 soundbar new WIFI not connecting and remote not connecting to soundbar

I have just changed internet providers and when I reconnect my Bose 700 soundbar all I can get is an orange blinking light for 4/5 times and then nothing. I tried entering the new WIFI details but the remote is not connecting to the soundbar. Any help would be fantastic Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Bose 700 soundbar new WIFI not connecting and remote not connecting to soundbar

Author Accepted Answer selected by tunno

Hey, thanks for posting and welcome to our Community.

Sorry to hear of your difficulties reconnecting to a new network. If the remote is not currently connected to your Soundbar 700, it sounds like we'll need to do this first. Our guide HERE can talk you through the reset process for the remote to reconnect. Be sure to select "A device running the app is not available."

If you're still experiencing issues reconnecting the remote, do you have access to an Ethernet cable? You can connect the soundbar directly to your home's internet router, to regain access to the speaker through the Bose Music app and complete the setup process, and additionally easily re-pair the remote. Following this, you can then disconnect the ethernet cable and run through our alternative setup method to reconnect the speaker wirelessly to your network HERE. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Bose 700 soundbar new WIFI not connecting and remote not connecting to soundbar

Author Accepted Answer selected by tunno

Hey, thanks for posting and welcome to our Community.

Sorry to hear of your difficulties reconnecting to a new network. If the remote is not currently connected to your Soundbar 700, it sounds like we'll need to do this first. Our guide HERE can talk you through the reset process for the remote to reconnect. Be sure to select "A device running the app is not available."

If you're still experiencing issues reconnecting the remote, do you have access to an Ethernet cable? You can connect the soundbar directly to your home's internet router, to regain access to the speaker through the Bose Music app and complete the setup process, and additionally easily re-pair the remote. Following this, you can then disconnect the ethernet cable and run through our alternative setup method to reconnect the speaker wirelessly to your network HERE. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

I have the same problem.  50 minutes trying to fix it, following the instructions, failed. This after spending 2 hours several days ago getting it onto the old wifi. I was told the software upgrade was supposed to help user friendliness.  It would be helpful to have instructions that were clear and effective, instead of wasting the time.

Highlighted

Hello krisebi, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry that you are having trouble setting up your soundbar to WIFI. Just to confirm, have you tried all of the steps recommended by @Andy_B? If so, I would love to know if you have tried an update to the system also as I note you mention one in your post?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2020

Yes, I followed all steps.  I ended up having to call customer service.  90 minute wait for a technical expert, who then successfully reconnected everything, but it was complex and non-intuitive. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

Can not connect to soundbar 700

Hi,

I’ve been having regular issues of my Sound bar 700 not responding to my remote Which I’d fix by unpairing and repairing it but now I can’t even do that. So my issues:

1. Remote unpaired (pressing Volume- and left nav) 3 lights Blink but pressing the action button on the soundbar  does nothing now, no lights on the bar except the red mic light)
2. App (Used to work) can not find the soundbar (router WiFi client list doesn’t list soundbar)

3. Connecting Ethernet cable- no port lights are lit, tried 3 cables, disconnecting power for 30 secs and more etc.
4. Also I’m not getting any sound output. I was using an ARC input from my TV.

Can anyone suggest what I can try next?

Thanks