Bose 700 soundbar volume indicator not seen on the TV

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Bose 700 soundbar volume indicator not seen on the TV

What is required to get the volume level indicator on the TV? I have not been able to find any information on this. The manual which came with the SB700 does not have any guidance on this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose 700 soundbar volume indicator not seen on the TV

Hi Kuizad,

Thanks for the reply!

The only way to display the volume of the Soundbar 700 on the TV would be to use the ARC functionality.  Because of the HDMI connection, it is able to use the CEC features and provide a visual of the volume level.  This all depends on whether the TV itself will be able to process this and then display it. 

As an example, I have the SoundTouch 300 soundbar connected to my Vizio M series TV, and it's able to produce a volume bar.  Last thing to note is that if an optical cable is in use, it only has the ability to pass audio and no further information.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A

9 REPLIES
Wistful Whiz

I'm not sure it does that.  I don't see any on-screen volume indicator with my Bose Soundtouch 300.

Hello Kuizad,

Thanks for the question.

As jimgfitz mentioned, this system does not have that feature. However, if you open the Bose Music app, you can then see where your volume level is.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Thanks jimgfitz and Joel.

I understand there is no indicator on the device. I wanted to understand how I can see the volume level indicator on the TV.

There are other posts where community members have referred to the volume indicator being displayed in a particular way, so I guess there is some connection that needs to be done.

Maybe it is seen only when the SB is connected to the TV with the HDMI (ARC)

Thanks

warm regards

Kuizad

Wistful Whiz

As posted by two people, there is no on-screen volume indicator.

Hi Kuizad,

Thanks for the reply!

The only way to display the volume of the Soundbar 700 on the TV would be to use the ARC functionality.  Because of the HDMI connection, it is able to use the CEC features and provide a visual of the volume level.  This all depends on whether the TV itself will be able to process this and then display it. 

As an example, I have the SoundTouch 300 soundbar connected to my Vizio M series TV, and it's able to produce a volume bar.  Last thing to note is that if an optical cable is in use, it only has the ability to pass audio and no further information.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Quiet Contributor

My TV actually changed after i moved.

I had the soundbar 700 setup at old place and it was showing the Samsung sound volume level, but when i set it up at the new place I think i changed a setting in my tv, with anynet and now it shows a different sound volume level. Both are visual, but they had completely different looks.

Wistful Whiz

Maybe one is the tv internal speakers (which are muted) and one is your Soundbar.

Audible Advocate

Thanks Tony. This provides clarity.

Audible Advocate

Thanks  Mestupt