CrunchTheApple78
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Bose 700 soundbar volume indicator

Hi, what is the best route to ask Bose to change the volume indicator that displays on the TV to display the volume as numbers? I like to be able to set the volume to be the same each time but at the moment it’s not possible.
10 REPLIES 10
GorFex
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

Re: Bose 700 soundbar volume indicator

That would be great!

For now, I just use Alexa to get the same number each time.  "Alexa, set volume to 20" is the sweet spot for music and TV.  For movies, I go louder, and "Alexa, set volume to 30".  They key is, I have to remember to set the volume back to 20 after finishing a movie.  Otherwise, Alexa will blast me out of the room if I ask her what time it is.  LOL

PercyBottle
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

If you do see the volume on the TV, that would be a function of CEC and the TV will display the volume how it likes. Bose can't change that.

CrunchTheApple78
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Hi, so when the soundbar is off and I’m using the tv speakers, the volume indicator on screen has a numbered indicator. When the soundbar is switched on this changes to a smaller, non numbered indicator. Are you saying that this smaller indicator is not part of the software from Bose and is still in built into the tv? Struggling to understand why it changes depending on audio output. Thanks.
PercyBottle
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Sorry Crunch, I'm not too sure of the technicalities of how this works. Hopefully a Bose expert will weigh in.

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thanks for the posts!

I can put in another request to see if this is something that can be changed on our end, however I believe it is up to the television to display the volume the soundbar is reporting.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Twan_D
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Can you also implement a default startup volume? So that when someone shuts down the soundbar with the volume very hard it defaults back when you put the soundbar on again.

Is it also possible to go to a default volume when you switch between source, music (TuneIn, Spotify), TV and Bluetooth?

It would be nice if you can set-up a default in the settings of the soundbar. 

Thanks in advance.

Hello Twan_D, 

Thank you for reaching out to the community, I will be happy to assist you! 

In regards to your query, As of now the soundbar will stay on the volume level it was last left at when the system is turned off/on, 
Like Brandon_M said earlier in this thread, we can relay any requests towards the development team to see if it would be possible to 
Implement these ideas into the systems in the foreseeable future. 

Again thank you for your ideas and suggestions, it is always appreciated. 

If you do have any other questions please feel free to drop a message in this thread and I will assist you in any way I can! 

Enjoy the rest of your day! 

Liam - Community Support

CCJ_01
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

Great idea  Twan_D ... keep getting blasted when starting the soundbar after watching TV - BTW - I really don't think the soundbar remembers the last audio setting - I have tried a couple of times setting the soundbar volume quite low and then cranking STB and TV to compensate - when I start soundbar the next day I get blasted again.... starting to be a bit frustrating - wife is getting pretty ****ed off with it now.

Twan_D
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

I am afraid that my request will never be implemented. Of all the requests that I see on the forum (I have been active for three months now), I have not yet seen one request being implemented. What I see is always the standard answer from Bose.