RoelPell
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Bose 700 soundbar with LG55UH850V

Hello,

I have some sound problems with my new soundbar 700.

When I play Spotify, Netflix or Youtube from my Ipad via the bluetooth, the sound of the soundbar is amazing.

When I do the same with my Smart TV, which is connected with HDMI ARC or Optical, its look like of the sound will be reduced. The room filling and the bass sounds dissapear. The sound with HDMI ARC or Optical is a little bit better then the speakers of my smart tv. 

Who can help me with this problem?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bose 700 soundbar with LG55UH850V

Hello RoelPell,

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Soundbar 700.

There is generally a difference in how audio is mixed and delivered between devices, Bluetooth streaming typically increases the overall output compared to the audio received from a direct connection. This doesn't necessarily mean a better sound quality. Direct connections are the preferred audio experience, as the dynamic range of the audio will be preserved, therefore you may need to increase the soundbar's volume level to match that of the Bluetooth stream, but you will have a better dynamics overall. 

If you haven't already, please also check out the Bose Music app to adjust tone controls to suit your needs. Information about this can be found here.

I hope this helps! 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

jimyneutron
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Hello ! I also have the soundbar 700 connected by hdmi arc to my new TV SAMSUNG Q90R the problem is that from bluetooth from my galaxy s10 it sounds powerful, with much punch instead for the arc of tv the sound comes out much lower and with less punch. why is that happening ???

Highlighted

Hello jimyneutron,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your Soundbar 700, I would be more than happy to help you with this today. Can I just confirm are you getting less powerful sound quality on all sources or just cable TV? Have you checked the connections at the back to make sure that they are properly secured? When you say the audio is less powerful, do you mean with the bass or in general?

I would also recommend checking the audio settings in the Bose Music app as @Jeff_G has suggested previously. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

jimyneutron
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

Thanks ppr the help.

With both optical and hdmi cable the sound is the same. I have to give more power to the bar so that it is heard loud. On the other hand, if I connect via bluetooth from my s10 plus. Playing mp3 music 320 kps. The very powerful bar is heard in all aspects

Hello jimyneutron, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Can I please ask which audio spruce you are playing audio from when listening via optical and HDMI? 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards,

Vicky W 

jimyneutron
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

sometimes by pcm or by digital dolby, it depends on the broadcast of the movie. but for both outputs, it sounds equally low

Hello Jimyneutron, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Volume fluctuations can occur when switching between different sources as the source will handle the audio differently. For example, you may have an EQ turned on on the S10 plus, along with other audio enhancement software which can have an impact on the perceived audio. The same can occur with the television, which may have additional compression effects that may reduce the dynamics of the sound quality, especially if you have something such as 'night mode' enabled on the TV. 

If you haven't already, please check the audio settings on both the device and the TV, to see if there are any settings enabled. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G