Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pradeepwxyz
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

Bose 700 universal remote pairing issues

Hi,

How can I pair the universal remote for Bose 700 soundbar if I dont have the app setup ?

I had issues in my wifi setup (no I don't have any issues in connecting 3 laptops, phones, tv and an older soundbar to my wifi), but for the moment lets assume that the router configuration needs a change --soI had to uninstall the bose music app so that I can try configuring it with hotspot from another mobile.

At this stage I was advised to use the remote (TV + skip right) to start the connection process in the app, but my remote got unpaired from the soundbar. I tried below approaches

-->Pressing Power on speaker + Power on remote together does not work

-->left arrow + vol down makes the six function buttons blink, but again not able to pair with the soundbar.

-->Tried unplugging sound bar and removing and putting back the batteries in the remote and repeating above steps did not help either.

Still unsuccessful in pairing remote and soundbar--as a result I am not able to configure the app too.

Its three days since I bought the soundbar, but on calling customer support I was told customer support engineer would visit in 2-3 working days with an applicable charge of Rs.1500. 

I am disappointed deeply with Bose---either keep the setup really simple and seamless OR arrange for your engineer to visit for installation as is done for most TVs/electronic devices in India.

Hoping the answers here will help others facing the same issue too.

thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Pradeepwxyz
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2019

Re: Bose 700 universal remote pairing issues

The answer was hidden amidst numerous other posts that I browsed.

If some else gets stuck with the same issue, then you can try below--this worked for me.

-->you cannot pair the remote without the app.

-->The app can however be set up without the remote. Usually the product not found happens due to wifi issues. So the workaround is to use a ethernet cable , do the bose music app setup-->with ethernet cable, the app setup will typically run without any glitch. 

Once this is done you'll see the remote will pair to the soundbar--even if not, you can use one of the options listed in my original query above.

The WIFI is still a problem.. will try to take help from customer support!!

thanks

Jessie_O

Hi Pradeepwxyz, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with pairing your remote. Let's see if we can get this resolved for you today!

To manually pair your remote control to the Soundbar 700, follow the steps below:

1. Unplug your router to disconnect the soundbar from the Internet
  2. On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Volume down and Left navigation buttons for five seconds to clear pairing memory of the remote. The Power, Source Power and TV Input icons at the top of the remote will blink three times
  3. On the soundbar, press and hold the Action ○ button for five seconds. The light bar will glow continuously while the button is being pressed
    When the soundbar is disconnected from the Internet, the Action button will not attempt to access a voice assistant
  4. On the remote control, press the Center navigation button once. Within a few seconds, the six source icons on the remote will blink three times to indicate it has paired with the soundbar
  5. Plug in your router. It may take a couple of minutes for the router to restart and reconnect all devices to the Internet

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DrHiren
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2018

not working

I m fade up

typennies
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2020

Dr. Hiren...did you resolve this by chance? I am having the same issue. The bar won't display a solid light when holding the action button either. Just continues to sweep left to right even after I unplug and plug back in.

Sam_F

Hi DrHiren and typennies,

To @DrHiren, keep trying the instructions listed by Jessie_O and make sure your WiFi router is unplugged when you're attempting the re-pairing process.

To @typennies - It sounds like you're describing an update occurring on your soundbar, how long has this been happening, and does the Bose Music app state your system is updating? If the LED continues to sweep left to right, you may have to put your system into recovery mode:

1. Disconnect the speaker from power and wait 30 seconds
  2. Reconnect the speaker to power
  3. When the light bar illuminates, follow the steps below within ten seconds:
    Tip: Do not rapidly alternate button presses. Wait one second between presses
    1. On the speaker, tap the Action button once
    2. Tap the Microphone Off button once
    3. Tap the Action button a second time
    4. Tap the Microphone Off button a second time.
  • The light bar will blink green to indicate the speaker has entered recovery mode. The speaker will then try to download and install the latest update. The light bar scrolls white from left to right while downloading and then from right to left while installing. This can take several minutes. When the light bar turns off, turn on the speaker, open the Bose Music app and add the speaker to your account
  • If the light bar does not blink green after the four button presses, restart the process and continue alternate taps of the Action and Microphone Off buttons for 30 seconds
  • If the speaker has not previously connected to your Wi-Fi network, follow the steps above, then try connecting to Wi-Fi using the alternate method.
  • If a red light bar appears, the speaker needs service

To proceed with the available service options, reach out to local support and an agent will be happy to assist you further. Let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
MarkU
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2021

I have had my Bose Soundbar 700 with Sub woofer since December 2019. Set up with little problem and paired Bose universal remote no problem. Today 20 March 2021 the connection between the remote and Soundbar ceased. Thinking it was the batteries I replaced them, no luck just got the music, TV and Bluetooth symbols on the remote flashing in sequence. Deleted the former paired settings on the remote by pressing the right arrow and volume + simultaneously till the 3 symbols mentioned above flashed. Tried to use the Bose Music app to re-pair the remote without success. Turned the Soundbar power off and removed remote batteries for min 30sec and tried again to pair using the app without success. The app is working and connected to the Soundbar as I can still use the app to control the volume on the Soundbar 

Assistance in re-pairing the remote would be appreciated

Thanks, Mark

Jessie_O

Hey Mark,

Thank you for your post!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the remote becoming unpaired from the system and I will be more than happy to help where I can.

Can you tell me if you have any LEDs on the front of your soundbar?

I look forward to hearing from you!