Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

Bose Dual subwoofers

Hi there,

I currently have the Bose 700 soundbar and Bass module 700 with wireless rear speakers.

If I was to purchase another sub doe it have to be connected to that setup?

The reason I ask is I've also got a couple of bose 500 home speakers and wanted to have the sub connected more to those as the additional sub won't be in the lounge...

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose Dual subwoofers

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

You can connect it no problem. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

To clarify you can connect 2 BM700s to the one Soundbar 700, but you cannot connect them to the Home speaker as you want to do.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

Cool... that's what I thought. 

It would be great if they would allow this in the future, the 500 would sound much nicer with a bass module connected. 

Sonos offers this so I don't see why it would be that hard to work in.

If I connect two subs to the soundbar 700 that would mean I can't play one separately because it's a part of that group correct?

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Bose tend not to do that as their systems are balanced to sound good out of the box.  Because the Soundbar was designed with the wireless module in mind and because it can run adaptiq to calibrate for the extra speaker you can add the second.

Their home speakers are designed without a bass module in mind (which is the direction they have been heading for a while since 2.1 systems have become less and less popular over the last 10 years) as well as to keep a low profile so the speaker can fit anywhere (even a crowded kitchen) and adding a bass module would change that. 

So it's unlikely they will make this change, however I think it's more likely they will make a Soundtouch30 replacement that has better bass built in to a smaller profile (no inside knowledge, I just think it's a logical step).