Did you mean: 
Ranieript
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2021

Bose FreeSpace AND Bose Home Speaker 500 with SA-5 / AirPlay 2

1. by the garden, I have a couple of Bose FreeSpace 51

2. Indoors, I have 3 Bose Home Speaker 500 / 300

I understand that I can buy the SA-5 Amplifier to power the outdoor speakers and then play music with Airplay. HOWEVER, will I be able to play the same music to both my Home Speakers and the SA-5/FreeSpace51 from my mobile? i.e. will I be able to select the SA-5 and the Bose Home Speaker Group jointly from the iphone airplay?

In case it won't be possible, is there a Bose Amplifier compatible with Home Speaker systems?

Alternatively, could I link the SA-5 to the Bose Home Speakers via Bluetooth (eg Simple Sync)? If I did so, would I be able to just play music omn the Bose Home Speakers and automatically also power the SA-5? Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Bose FreeSpace AND Bose Home Speaker 500 with SA-5 / AirPlay 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ranieript

Hello Ranieript, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forums. 

Great question! If you have an Apple/iOS device, AirPlay 2 enables multiple speakers to be added to a group for playback across all speakers simultaneously. As the SA-5 features AirPlay 2, it can be grouped with any other AirPlay 2-compatible product, including the Home Speaker 500/300. This grouping is done from the Apple device's settings.

While we don't currently sell the SA-5 in the USA, you are able to use your FreeSpace 51 speakers with any compatible amplifier. There are other amplifiers that also feature AirPlay 2, meaning you could purchase and use an AirPlay 2-enabled receiver that is connected to the FreeSpace 51 speakers, you will be able to use AirPlay 2 to play all of your Bose speakers together, irrespective of what amplifier is used.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Vicky_W

Re: Bose FreeSpace AND Bose Home Speaker 500 with SA-5 / AirPlay 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ranieript

Hello Ranieript, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forums. 

Great question! If you have an Apple/iOS device, AirPlay 2 enables multiple speakers to be added to a group for playback across all speakers simultaneously. As the SA-5 features AirPlay 2, it can be grouped with any other AirPlay 2-compatible product, including the Home Speaker 500/300. This grouping is done from the Apple device's settings.

While we don't currently sell the SA-5 in the USA, you are able to use your FreeSpace 51 speakers with any compatible amplifier. There are other amplifiers that also feature AirPlay 2, meaning you could purchase and use an AirPlay 2-enabled receiver that is connected to the FreeSpace 51 speakers, you will be able to use AirPlay 2 to play all of your Bose speakers together, irrespective of what amplifier is used.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post