Soubs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Bose HS 500 Google Assistant update

Hi There,

Recently read on Google that Bose HS 500 now supports Google Assiatnt after the firmware update.

Checked last night my Bose HS500 still shows only Alexa and no firmwire update pending. Trying to find out about the update as I am really looking forward to the feature.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks

Soubs

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Bose HS 500 Google Assistant update

Hello Soubs, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

Regrettably, Google Assistant with the Home Speaker 500 has not yet arrived in Australia. 

I'm sorry if this may be disappointing for you. 

I'd be happy to pass along your request to our development team for future consideration.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Soubs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Hi Charlette,

Thanks for your reply. 

It is definitely very disappointing, getting left out for a feature such as Google Assistant.

Even the Amazon Music doesn't work in AU with the Bose Music App, such a shame for such an expensive speaker.

Hello Soubs, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

There are many factors at play with regards to service availability in different locales. Sometimes this can be out of our hands, it could be down to licensing restrictions, and sometimes the service just isn't available in general. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Soubs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Hi There,

Google and Amazon services are widely available in Australia just not with Bose. I understand the licensing issues of countries play a role, then Bose should advertise saying these services will not be available, customers can take a better informed decision. Also why sell products that are not fully functional ?? You don't buy a half baked cake from a shop !!! 

Now I have a $599 doorstop until Bose decides to get there stuff together!! Not cool, should have gone with Sonos...

Highlighted
Rayzor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

While we are waiting for better support for Australia

Amazon music works fine in Australia but you need to use amazon music app and not the Bose app

to have a taste of google assistance on the bose you can use a VPN 

im also waiting on full support on google assistance and to use google music with the bose 

Soubs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Bose should be sending us Chromecast Audios till then 😆😆

Alsies
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

That's very disappointing.

I already have a Bose Soundtouch speaker and was considering buying the Home Speaker 500 with the deal-breaker being Google Assistant. If that's not available in Australia, then I'll look to the Google Home Max or Sonos One.

Rayzor
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 29, 2019

@Alsies wrote:

That's very disappointing.

I already have a Bose Soundtouch speaker and was considering buying the Home Speaker 500 with the deal-breaker being Google Assistant. If that's not available in Australia, then I'll look to the Google Home Max or Sonos One.

Give it time, by the looks of it they will cover other countries like they did last week

last week they now support United Kingdom, France , Germany and the Netherlands

hopfully Australia will be next soon....

dont downgrade to the sonos etc 

Soubs
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Fingers crossed.. hope the update arrives over the air not by a ship. Not ready to give up Bose, just expect better support.