Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 2, 2020

Bose Home 450 - Aux Crackling

Hello! My bose home 450 accepts an input via the 3.5 mm Aux jack in the rear from my Amazon Echo. After playing for a random amount of time I start to get an awful crackling noise. If I cycle the Aux input off and on again through the Bose app, it sometimes resolves the issue. When it doesn't fix the crackling, I have to unplug it and reboot the speaker.

I have tried using 3 different cords and my phone in place of the Echo and I still get that awful crackling noise at a completely random time. 

Does anyone have experience with this? How are you dealing with this issue?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose Home 450 - Aux Crackling

Hello TWiki, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to read that you are having this experience, I would love to assist you with this. 

Can you please confirm if this issue is only with aux or also occurs with other sources such as Bluetooth or the Bose Music app? 

I would also recommend checking inside the aux input of the speaker to ensure that there isn't anything stopping a firm connection. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. If any other users are also having this experience, please do let us know! 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.